Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

I really liked Little Astro Boy too, but that was clearly anime despite what anyone says. It had a complete grasp on 'kawaii' and how to make limited animation appealing in a way that only Japan can accomplish. As far as I see it this French adaptation can only be interesting in a "well here's another adaptation of Astro Boy" way. And especially the little glimpse of him we see on the poster doesn't inspire confidence. Astro looks to be as bland as can be.
I'm on Twitter.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I think the logo looks very nice. It has a lot of potential, considering its all we've really seen. I wouldn't be so negative yet. Who knows? The style might actually look very different in the final project. That happens a lot in television.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:I think the logo looks very nice. It has a lot of potential, considering its all we've really seen. I wouldn't be so negative yet. Who knows? The style might actually look very different in the final project. That happens a lot in television.

This is true. Like, take the pilot episode of the 1993 Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon - everything was goofy and colourful, but when the series was finally produced, it turned into a super dark and layered series. You can never tell with prototypes.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 9 years ago

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about the reboot. I honestly have nothing against using new stories. A long time ago, I went and marathoned the 60s, 80s, and 2003 series all in one go, so for me, seeing the same stories over and over becomes especially grating. Like some homages to the original would be nice, but I'd also like to see something different. For example, Little Astro Boy, though a little too hyper for me, was still pretty fun, and it was nice to see Astro doing new things for a change.

As for the art style, we've only got like one promotional image to go on, with very little information, so it's kind of hard to form any opinions about how things are going to look. In general, I say take it as it comes. Maybe these changes aren't such a bad thing? If it turns out to be good, it'll give us something new and cool to talk about, and if it's bad, then we can all just laugh about it. Either way, it'll spark new discussions and ideas, and I think that would be pretty great.
It's a magical day!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 9 years ago

I am going to reserve judgment for the series until we see more out of the new show. We don't have much of an idea of how it will be. Personally, I intend on giving this show a chance when it airs.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 9 years ago

Why not. Because if the show starts next year,we'll be delightful to watch. Because we're still waiting for next year. but not this year.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

It was speculation before, but now it's confirmed! Shibuya says that the long-awaited teaser of Astro Boy Reboot will be unveiled at their MAGIC event on March 21, 2015! A part of the team will also be there when the teaser is shown off.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=741832689235269&id=277251422360067
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

This is good news! Thanks for the update. Looking at the translation it looks like the general public will be allowed to see it too, so someone might upload a video.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Whoa, that's great news, I'm so looking forward to it.

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

I am going to be so happy about that! I can't wait for it!!!!!!!! :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”