Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I would've definitely liked to have seen more, but as Tetsuwan Penguin said, it's called a "teaser" for a reason. I was hoping we'd get a release date from this, as well as see other characters but hey, it's good for what it is.

I assume we'll see more in the coming days, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Wow I haven't been on here in forever! I just saw the teaser, and I have to say, I love it.
Although I do wish it wasn't that short. We waited all this time for only a minute?
I have the same questions as the rest of you, and i'm extremely eager to find out more. Hopefully they don't leave us hanging this time!
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Shiyonasan
Administrator

If you're interested in the animation for the series, a guy from Toonzone.net posted a video with other work from the animator who's working on Astro Boy Reboot (Michaël Crouzat):

https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/579413525728260096

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

@Fauna - EXACTLY!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

As far as his flying is concerned .... I always thought the idea of an Atomic powered robot using fuel burning jet engines was a bit ... wrong. That's why in my very first fan fiction story I invented the idea of electric reaction engines. These things DO exist, NASA has powered some deep space probes using electric rockets. They work by using high voltage to turn a gas into plasma, creating high temperatures that propel the gas out of the engine just like in a rocket or jet engine. These things can be air breathing, they don't have to run off of a fuel tank (except in space!). So maybe that's what he's got, electric ion-plasma jets. They very well could produce an ionic 'glow' in operation.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

rescuebot
Metro City Citizen

Postby rescuebot » 9 years ago

I know one thing for sure, this trailer has roped in a lot of new fans which I think is awesome. On tumblr the last i checked the trailer had a couple thousand notes and I've seen quite a few people willing to check out older Astro Boy stuff in anticipation of this new show. I think that this trailer was successful in doing what a teaser is meant to do - give people a taste just to get them interested and want to see more! :astro:

I'm Rescue and I love robots!
Feel free to ask for my username on other websites!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"rescuebot" wrote:I know one thing for sure, this trailer has roped in a lot of new fans which I think is awesome. On tumblr the last i checked the trailer had a couple thousand notes and I've seen quite a few people willing to check out older Astro Boy stuff in anticipation of this new show. I think that this trailer was successful in doing what a teaser is meant to do - give people a taste just to get them interested and want to see more! :astro:

What I bolded in your quote is 100% true.

I've been checking out the reaction from people to the teaser on Twitter, and I was pleasantly surprised to see people, for the most part, react positively to the teaser. Any new project based on an already established franchise will always have its critics, but there will also be those people who love the product no matter what. That's not to say that people are completely one side or the other, as there are people who criticize the product, but still are willing to give it a chance. Most people seem to be supportive of this series though, and I'm one of them.

I think it's great to hear that this teaser has made people want to go back and check out older Astro Boy series and roped in new fans as you say. I saw a little of that on Twitter as well. Even if this series flops, it will bring in a bunch of new fans to the Astro Boy franchise. If it does well, then that's even greater.

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 9 years ago

I like the teaser. The animation is rather nice and the general design is appealing. I'm also quite relieved that they haven't attempted to "update" (in reality, heavily date) it by throwing in overly cliched Dubstep music or a techno remix of the 1960s Astro Boy theme.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

"Next generation" Astro-jets?

I think Tetsuwan Penguin may have uncovered a technology change for us in both Little Astro Boy and the Reboot -- in both series he no longer displays "flames" coming out the end of his legs (with his "foot" being "collapsed" into his leg structure).

Instead there's a glow, and his foot remains intact (more like a "stump" in Reboot). Come to think of it, "flames" were not clearly indicated in the "Pluto" manga, either.

hmmmm . . . :rolleyes:

Little_Astro_Boy-flying.jpg
Little_Astro_Boy-flying.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

I wish they could have given us something more to be hyped about. The two images we got before the teaser pretty much were the teaser so I feel like we didn't gain too much. Though the video did get to showcase the animation pretty well so it's nice to know what the series will look like in that respect. I also still really like the cityscape and I thought the music was nice.

And like rescuebot and Shiyonasan said, the teaser seems to be bringing in some new fans and also bringing back old ones. It's great to see people getting into Astro Boy!

Here's to hoping we get new teasers and info about the series soon!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”