Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:"Next generation" Astro-jets?

I think Tetsuwan Penguin may have uncovered a technology change for us in both Little Astro Boy and the Reboot -- in both series he no longer displays "flames" coming out the end of his legs (with his "foot" being "collapsed" into his leg structure).

Instead there's a glow, and his foot remains intact (more like a "stump" in Reboot). Come to think of it, "flames" were not clearly indicated in the "Pluto" manga, either.

hmmmm . . . :rolleyes:

[attachment=]3724[/attachment]

It's almost as lf Astro is upgrading in each series the pluto, the little Astro boy and the reboot, Gosh! good noticing on that one.

Also what I noticed in the reboot, when Astro Is powring up for his take of flight, I noticed the platform seems to glow blue, as lf there's some kind wind power that's able to push Astro up more faster or something. Like launching person, well Lf you watch carefully you can also see the foot path seems to glow dim gold. Just as Astro was about to fly.

Mmm I wonder, I just wish I could see more of characters. Which that would be cool! To see cobalt again.
Last edited by Reid958 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Spelling cheak

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

All three of the 1963 images of Astro that appear in the Reboot teaser, are from the opening sequence.

ab_beginning_both.jpg
ab_beginning_both.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
--- This is from the first few seconds.

ab_end_for_SUN_copy.jpg
ab_end_for_SUN_copy.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
--- As Astro flies into the clouds, at the end we catch two fleeting images. The first (also from the opening) is of the artificial sun.

ab_end_for_SEA-monster.jpg
ab_end_for_SEA-monster.jpg (121.67 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
-- and the final segment is of the sea monster (kind of looks like a giant doughnut).

I tried to catch the originals at the same moment, but it was pretty difficult, however, you can see now where the original snippets are from. There appear to be others, but they aren't as distinctive to my eyes.

If this doesn't classify me as a total Astro-Geek, I don't know WHAT does! :p
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 9 years ago

Okay, can we just all take a moment to appreciate the level of geek cred in this fandom?

Those weren't even whole screen shots! They were partials! And people recognized them! I need to sit down. I have much to learn.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I, and the others in the Skype meeting yesterday, were only able to recognize Atom's face from the '60s opening on the pink screen. We knew the other screens were playing old Astro Boy footage as well, but weren't sure what it is.

Brownie points to April on this one. I would've never been able to guess where the footage was from the old Astro Boy series.

Also, brownie points to the creators of this series for including that homage to the original series.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

:D I'm so happy!
I wouldn't have noticed the 1960's Astro Boy images, because I was watching him the whole time! (I just saw it ->-'')

I can't wait to see who voices him and whatnot, and how Ochanomizu and Tenma would look like.

As for his expressions in the teaser, they were pretty neutral, except for a few moments.
I guess they didn't want to release anything that might hint his personality? They showed that he liked the sun, at least.
:hyo: whoops

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Is the resemblance to Peter Pan just a coincidence?

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

look at his shirt, look at the position of his arms as he flies!
ATOMU NEW.jpg
ATOMU NEW.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 2153 times

Compare with these images:
PETERPAN_502.jpg
PETERPAN_502.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 2151 times

PETERPAN_565.jpg
PETERPAN_565.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 2146 times

:astro:
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I've always thought that the two characters that influenced Tezuka in creating Atom were Pinocchio and Peter Pan. (Superman too)
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

YES!! I said he looks like Peter Pan, too!! Jeffbert is spot-on!

Hmmm and Astro doesn't want to grow up, either! :p

PETER PAN COMPLEX!!

BTW I DON'T like the 'Popeye" arms. At all.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 9 years ago

And he seems to have only three fingers. . .
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:BTW I DON'T like the 'Popeye" arms. At all.

They look more like Metropolis arms to me. (Tezuka's version of Metropolis, not the silent film.)

And sometimes Tezuka drew his characters with four fingers. I see them transist from four to five in the 1960's anime.
Last edited by Umbral-Coltwings on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
:hyo: whoops

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”