Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

*holds hands up in defense*
I'm sorry if I said anything to provoke you! :unsure:

On a different subject, the more I look at AprilSeven's post with Atom flying (about to spin), he keeps on looking like he's around 10 or something.
:hyo: whoops

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Also, I mostly came back because I was linked back in an image search for Roppu-kun, for artistic references (because there's literally not much else that any kind of search for the guy turns up :T ). I tend to avoid this place like the plague nowadays; being here makes me feel as if I'm doing something wrong, and the sight of certain people, no matter how innocuous their behavior in the moment, kind of makes rage a little inside, and even kind of makes me want to scream...

I can understand how you feel with some of the crap that's gone on in the past on this forum. Fortunately, things seem to be peaceful right now.

Nevertheless, it's always good to see older members like you come back to the forum, even if just for a brief visit.

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:*holds hands up in defense*
I'm sorry if I said anything to provoke you! :unsure:

You're okay; she's not referring to you.

On a different subject, the more I look at AprilSeven's post with Atom flying (about to spin), he keeps on looking like he's around 10 or something.

He does certainly look older in this version, like somewhere in the preteen years. It's an interesting contrast from Little Astro Boy where he looked probably the youngest of any version of the series. I would have to guess Atom is around 10 as well in Astro Boy Reboot.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:He does certainly look older in this version, like somewhere in the preteen years. It's an interesting contrast from Little Astro Boy where he looked probably the youngest of any version of the series. I would have to guess Atom is around 10 as well in Astro Boy Reboot.

It seems pretty likely that he could be 10 or older.

(Makes random new subject) If he is in it, I hope Atlas would be more of a brother this time, and not a villain. Who knows with there being three dudes making the whole thing.
Maybe the chances of Cobalt being in it are a bit more than an inch to a mile.
They seem to have been paying attention to the 1960's anime, even to stick a clip of Astro facing off with someone. (Possibly Colosso?)

And, if you pay attention, with the part in the trailer where it shows Astro flying off into some unknown area outside of Metro(?) City, there are some other holograms showing the part in the 1960's intro with Astro sliding down the hole in the ground.
(There are two holograms, blue and green, and they show it at different times. The green one looks like it's going backwards!)
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 9 years ago

The back of the hologram, maybe? :P

And no, I wasn't talking about you, Coltwings. I've never met you before, to the best of my knowledge.

And most of the events that make me want to avoid this place took place on Tumblr with some of the members, whom I either took issue with for one reason or another, or decided that they took issue with me (understandable, but the way they went about it wasn't exactly stellar). Those people are popular around here (I even used to like one of them, once upon a time), and there seem to be some people around the internet that seem to think that they are above reproach, because of all that they've supposedly done for the Tezuka fandom (at least for one of them). Their presence here makes me deeply uncomfortable (one more so than the other, although there is a fair share of discomfort around the other for an entirely different reason than the original reason).

I shouldn't talk about it here; as long as they haven't done anything untoward on this website (which surprises me a little bit about the one), then there's nothing that can be done about it, other than for me to avoid coming here as much as possible.

Now then... I suppose I should say something about the show, huh? Would that I actually thought of anything to say...
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Now then... I suppose I should say something about the show, huh? Would that I actually thought of anything to say...

Sounds like a good idea. How about we keep discussing what Umbral-Coltwings brought up?

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:(Makes random new subject) If he is in it, I hope Atlas would be more of a brother this time, and not a villain. Who knows with there being three dudes making the whole thing.
Maybe the chances of Cobalt being in it are a bit more than an inch to a mile.

Well, since Shibuya is taking creative liberties with this show, Atlas' role could end up being anything. That would certainly be interesting to see Atlas in more of a good guy role.

As much as I've joked about it, Cobalt has just as much chance as any old character to show up in this series. There's no guarantee that he won't show up in this series, but I think numerous other characters would take precedence first.

Also, as AprilSeven pointed out back on page 22, all of the images that appear on the holograms in the teaser are in fact from the 1960s opening:

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?p=232488#post232488

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

The original opening, from what I can tell. Which, yeah, Colloso does appear in that opening.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

I need a little assistance from our French speakers on here...

A video interview was done with Fabien Baboz, the co-producer from Caribara Production that's working on Astro Boy Reboot. The interview was done in French; you can use YouTube's caption system to have pretty good French subtitles. You can also have translated English subtitles, but the translation is terrible.

Can any of you who speak French tell us what they're talking about?

http://joypad.fr/interview-sur-astroboy-reboot-peut-il-reconquerir-petits-et-grands-enfants/

Interview sur ASTROBOY Reboot : " Peut-il (re)conquérir les petits et grands enfants ? "

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I don't really speak French, but I'm pretty sure that there is some kind of question regarding children, from the names of the links alone. At least I think so. But, that doesn't really tell us much. The show is for kids, and is also arguably about a kid...
lolwut

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

This appears to be a synopsis of the interview - it's the copy from the webpage, and it reflects - much more clearly - what I could translate Fabien was saying:

This is the challenge that gave themselves Caribara Production and Shibuya Produtions, in agreement with Tezuka Productions. Yes, that's a lot of producers involved behind Astro, the robot child, more human than humans.
Fortunately, these big people have lost none of their passion for animation and the use of technology to dream big and small.

Astroboy Reboot is a Franco-Japanese project, during the past year. A breath work that is expected to last two years to give birth to 26 episodes of 26 minutes. So it is an exit to our "small screen" which is scheduled for the moment. But developers do not forget transmedia side (a work that is completed and enriched multi media) can offer such a universe! Cinema, comics, video games, and other technologies are not away from this major project.

But before going that far, creators focus on respect for the work of Tezuka, considered the God of Manga by many fans!
The expectation is very high, because the audience is from 7 to 77 years. But do not worry for this artwork. The themes in his work by Tezuka (peace, nature, living things, distrust of technology, etc.) are universal and timeless.

Thank you, Google Translate! :D

I guess the take-away points are:
    This series will run over 2 years to complete - so 13 episodes per year?
  • They envision this spilling over into video games, comics, movies and multi-media - but this must succeed first
  • They realize Astro has fans from 7 to 77 and need to appeal to all
  • They plan to utilize issues important Tezuka (peace, etc.)
Last edited by AprilSeven on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:This series will run over 2 years to complete - so 13 episodes per year?

I took it more as meaning that they'll finish working on it by 2 years time, so if it's weekly, it might start airing in a year and a half (estimating).

The interview was pretty pointless and awkward except for the points brought up in the article that AprilSeven rewrote here.
Last edited by F-Man on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”