Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 9 years ago

Huh, that's right! Robot cliches.

I'm still wondering about the asymmetrical arms... (also it bothers me)
lolwut

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Wow! Ooook I don't know that would be Atlas, cuz maybe it's Alta's that looks like Astro boy in his form but abit of a Atlas style in 1980 version. I dunno just a guess.

Through I could tell he is wearing armor

Or....with A letter on his chest, it looks to me it might be an identical Bad Astro or something.
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Pfft, that could be a thing; why didn't any of us think of that? There used to be so many "Bad Astros" in the past; sure, it hasn't been done since the 60's, but since they openly referenced the 60's version in that teaser, maybe they're taking a few leaves from that series, who knows!
lolwut

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Pfft, that could be a thing; why didn't any of us think of that? There used to be so many "Bad Astros" in the past; sure, it hasn't been done since the 60's, but since they openly referenced the 60's version in that teaser, maybe they're taking a few leaves from that series, who knows!

Yeah! It could be it, I was wondering lf you had noticed that, I mean the reboot would totally get some idea's from the passing series.
I mean don't you think some of the towers look a little like the movie (2009)
And the 1960s animations hidden in the reboot.
Well I'm actually looking forward to that um...dunno lf it's a bad Astro or atlas. But let's call it 'A' for now, since it's a mystery.
And yeah! That?!...I thought there were a few bad Astro's in the past like in the manga "bad-guy robots" or "the robot spaceship" stories. There's one in the 2003 manga which I've not seen, but heard of it. Through it is not in English.
Last edited by Reid958 on Wed May 13, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Actually, the 2003 manga was translated into English. It just never made it to American shores... a shame, really; but given how unpopular the show was when it premiered, what are you gonna do? Of course, there have been instances where it found its way online; what you are speaking of isn't quite what you described it as: that was simply Atom himself, having been hypnotized for a short time. It's not quite the same, especially since he never got around to doing anything really bad. He almost hit his sister; he managed to restrain himself, and Uran bopped him with a softball bat, I believe.
lolwut

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

This is pretty cool. I didn't expect the design to look exactly like Astro, but that could lead to some interesting situations where he is framed.

Well anyway, a challenger approaches! :)
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Remember, we aren't 100% sure that it's Atlas at this point.

Even if it is Atlas, it could still be Astro, if you catch my meaning...
lolwut

AprilSeven
Silent Song

YES - IT IS ATLAS!!!

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

I asked them on FB -- AND THEY ANSWERED!! (I asked in French first - but they requested English, so that's cool.

atlas confirmed.jpg
atlas confirmed.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Now everyone go and LIKE it!! :D :lol:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Thanks for asking them, April! :)

So my initial intuition was correct! It would seem kind of weird for them to put hashtags for the hotels they're staying at in Cannes for a Facebook status like that.

Interesting how they gave him the Astro spikes for this series. Can't wait to see what he looks like in greater detail!

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

Yeah! All the shilloette revealed was that his spikes were facing the opposite direction,
he kinda looked more mechanical (his arms/shoulders and stuff), and the glowy parts with the eyes and the 'A' on his chest.

It sure gave us some good suspense, though! :lol:
:hyo: whoops

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”