Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

I wish actual new information was forthcoming; all this waiting is exhausting. But it appears that Shibuya is putting the Shenmue 3 thing first. :T

I guess that's a big deal?
lolwut

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 8 years ago

so it is coming on next year right.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

No one knows! It is the most likely outcome, though, given the current situation.
lolwut

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I agree, given how late we are in the year as it is I think it is safe to assume that sometimes in 2016 we will be seeing the first episodes.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

If nothing else, I think we'll at least see a lot more news updates next year.

Back in March, there was that interview with Fabien Baboz, CEO of Caribara Animation (the company animating Astro Boy Reboot), where he said that they should finish working on it in 2 years' time. F-Man speculated that it might start airing in a year-and-a-half:

Interview sur ASTROBOY Reboot : " Peut-il (re)conquérir les petits et grands enfants ? "

(The following posts were at the end of page 24 in this thread.)

AprilSeven's reply to the interview
F-Man's reply to the interview

So, taking that into account, we might see the finished version of Astro Boy Reboot somewhere in Fall 2016 to Spring 2017. Considering how slow news updates are at the moment, I think that sounds about right.

However, we haven't officially heard a release date yet, so anything is possible at this point.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Mm, I at least hope we get some news soon. I at least want that much- and something substantial, to boot; not some little snippets of a mention or hearsay. I much prefer the visual medium, myself- why not show us some more characters? A preview of what they have so far? Backstory? I'm just a bit antsy from all this waiting. I don't really have a lot going on in my life- what does occur usually isn't good, for me, anyway. :T
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:However, we haven't officially heard a release date yet, so anything is possible at this point.

A 2016 release date was actually dropped in this magazine article.
I'm on Twitter.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Ah... I can't read it. But that's something, at least. One more year... Hm...

Did they say anything about channels, though? Like, who's agreed to air this thing. Not that it helps me to know exactly where, as I can't watch it through normal means, anyways; but eh, I'm curious, I guess.
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Shiyonasan;235123]However, we haven't officially heard a release date yet, so anything is possible at this point.

A 2016 release date was actually dropped in this magazine article.[/QUOTE]

Well, there you have it. It took me a while to find the specific sentence (due to "2016" being right under the drop cap), but it's there in the first sentence:

(Apologies for the poor Google Translation.)

Astro, le petit robot, personnage de manga mythique créé par Osamu Tezuka, revient sur le petit écran en 2016.

Astro, the little robot character mythical manga created by Osamu Tezuka, returns to the small screen in 2016.

I also found a PDF with a "revue de presse" for MAGIC 2015, where the teaser for Astro Boy Reboot aired. If you look on page 16, you'll see another sentence confirming the 2016 release date:

http://www.shibuya-productions.com/medias_upload/parutions/PDF_008.pdf

(Again, apologies for the poor Google Translation.)

[Shibuya Productions] nous fera visionner le teaser de Astroboy Reboot en première mondiale pour une sortie prévue en 2016.

[Shibuya Productions] we will watch the teaser of Astroboy Reboot world premiere scheduled for release in 2016.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Good. The wait time is not as agonizing as it could be; at most we have a year. That is, if things go well...
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”