Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 8 years ago

Yer I still can't get remotely excited because of the art style. I think I'd be happier if it looked like the Pluto manga (looks only), but the way a show looks has a huge impact on me, that's why its also hard to watch Sailor Moon Crystal #burn

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I'd really like a closer look at it, though; unfortunately, the poster is a jpg, and thus, it has "artifacts", I think those annoying pixel distortions are called. :< All the worse for it that it's so small...

Unfortunately, the full-sized version of the poster is a jpg too. The cropped image I made of Atom is from the full-sized version and has those same pixel distortions. Maybe Shibuya will provide a better-looking version for us to see.

In other news, I asked Shibuya Productions and Cedric Biscay on Twitter if we'll be seeing something Astro Boy related at MAGIC 2016. Biscay replied "that's the plan". Although I think it was assumed that that would be the case, it's good to have confirmation that we'll see something about Astro Boy Reboot there. Now to wait until February 27...

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/638959295124652032
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Yeah, that was actually what I was referring to. Not that a png would have been too much better; but we might have gotten more detail out of it. It's kinda blurry.

Also, I don't see too much wrong with the art style. I think it's growing on me.
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

It's not my favorite art style for Astro but it's tolerable for me. I've seen worse put to Astro.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

NOW Comics, anyone? ^⏝^
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

Actually, it gets worse
Attachments
fantasticas Astroboy 2.jpg
fantasticas Astroboy 2.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
fantasticas Astroboy.png
fantasticas Astroboy.png (161.28 KiB) Viewed 1960 times

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 8 years ago

this comic is acutally in influent spanish.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 8 years ago

i haven't read it in spanish for decades.and i still don't remeber it since i remember the comics in english.and especially in 2003(vol 1 to 3)of the comics in the comic book shop when i was an ITE Student.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Oh yeah, those too.
lolwut

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 8 years ago

(IMG)http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4258&stc=1&d=1441279919(IMG)

At least this one is abit better. ^^
and also Found this abit of information from it. Just putting it out in case anyway.

(The Americanized (per-)version of Astro Boy from 1965

One major factor which has made manga distinct from other comics traditions is its arsenal of narrative devices and techniques which cumulative generations of mangaka or comics authors have refined or introduced to expand the expressive capabilities of the medium. Initially, from the early 20th century, Japanese cartoonists had adopted or adapted Western formats and conventions, starting with American newspapers’ broadsheet full-pages or ‘Sunday funnies’ and four-panel horizontal daily comic strips, read vertically in Japan, then expanding to multi-page tales inspired partly by American comic books. What enabled mangaka to diverge from their peers abroad, however, were the opportunities to unfold much longer stories than anything in either standard American titles or Franco-Belgian bande dessinée (BD) albums.)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
Last edited by Reid958 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic] "COOKIE TIME!!!!!"

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”