Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Intresting..well I hope there would be English subtitles, even through it's talking in English or another languages. Through I don't hear very well, and miss a lot of words. :-/ we just have to wait and see, the show is not far now. :-)

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Still no new news about the teaser. Hopefully it gets put up in the next few days.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"falloutflowers" wrote:Still no new news about the teaser. Hopefully it gets put up in the next few days.

Unfortunately, that won't be happening. In a reply to a fan's question on Facebook about when we'd see the teaser trailer, Shibuya responded by saying that it possibly won't be shown to the public until March:

(Read the first and second comments in the first link.)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722400601178478&id=277251422360067

Google Translation of Shibuya's response ("Was" should be "is" in the translation)

Shibuya is at Mipcom currently (from October 13th through 16th), so we might see something new about the series that's not the teaser trailer this week, but I'm not counting on it.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote: Unfortunately, that won't be happening. In a reply to a fan's question on Facebook about when we'd see the teaser trailer, Shibuya responded by saying that it possibly won't be shown to the public until March

The wait is torture.
(And than a ninja pops up! :ninja: )
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Agreed. Waiting for things like this are terrible.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

Welp, MIPCOM has come and gone.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Welp, MIPCOM has come and gone.

And no news about Astro Boy Reboot came out of it other than that they had the teaser trailer there to show to potential business partners. :/

At this point it's like a horseman dangling a carrot in front of a horse, with the fans being the horse, Shibuya being the horseman, and the carrot being Astro Boy Reboot. I don't know if anyone is familiar with Kingdom Hearts III, but it reminds of how much new news that has gotten since it's initial announcement.

I honestly am starting to believe that we won't see anything new visually about this until March when the teaser trailer will supposedly be shown to the public. I'm a patient person, but it kind of irks me when they say that a teaser trailer will "be made available" in September, but then don't follow up on that promise.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

Well at least funding Tezuka's classic Dororo series doesn't need any waiting (the campaign's up right now), is way more exciting, and could be done in one day if people gave it as much heart as they would if it were on Kickstarter.
I'm on Twitter.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:If it is real, I hope it is going to be good. Although, I have a feeling that it is going to be too childish, I am also a bit worried that the blog stated that they are going to aim towards children who do not know the show. In that case, I hope they make him recognisable to the older version but also make it fresh, but not fresh to a point that it ruins it.

:cry: As I understand it, the previous versions were aimed not at kids, but families; thus, something for everyone. Plots may have needed occasional explanations by parents, etc. Fred Patten wrote that when many of these Japanese animated programs were imported to the USA, they were intended for the Saturday Morning cartoon Ghetto or some similar term, & their plots were often too complex for the newly intended audience.

I would be satisfied if there is a balance between kids' stuff & the classic stories & characters; though I fear it will be all but unrecognizable to those who grew up watching the 1960s series. :hyo:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

I have a sickening feeling that Jeffbert is probably right. I was trying to find news on AB at MIPCOM JUNIOR, but didn't have much luck.

This article, didn't make me feel too optimistic though.

Here is the paragraph that bothered me:

This will be the first time that rights holder Tezuka Prod. will take advantage of the chance to complete a completely new Astro Boy story instead of rehashing the tales thought up by creator Osamu Tezuka back in the 1950s and ’60s. The show will also introduce new characters and will boast a more up-to-date design aesthetic. The co-producers will have a teaser ready for buyers in September.

"a completely new" story instead of "rehashing" the original tale. And also the "introduce new characters" part - hints that it won't be adding Cobalt to the list. Doesn't sound hopeful to me . . . :(
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”