Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 9 years ago

me too

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

I'm hoping that they would release some sort of new details, but I don't think that might happen until after the trailer. If only they would give us something...
like new pictures, who's in it, and a little bit of plot details. It would give us more things to talk about, too.
:hyo: whoops

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Shibuya Pro on Facebook has been updating the status on this project every now and then. If they have more information they want to share they'll post it and we'll know about it ;) But yes, I'd love to have some more info as well, or at the very least a screen shot of the animation just so we know exactly what kind of art style we will be looking at.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I get the feeling that we probably won't see anything new visually until after the teaser is released on March 21. Shibuya has been pretty quiet about the series since the initial announcement in June, and I have a feeling it's going to stay that way until after the teaser is released like you said Umbral-Coltwings.

At least we know basic info about the series at this point, like how many episodes it will have and what languages the series will start out with.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 9 years ago

Hmnm. you have a point

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

It seems they are suffering from setback after setback. I have seen on their main site that they still do not have a director to direct the project, which means, it is possible that the teaser trailer shown to potential business partners is not raising any eyebrows.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:It seems they are suffering from setback after setback. I have seen on their main site that they still do not have a director to direct the project, which means, it is possible that the teaser trailer shown to potential business partners is not raising any eyebrows.

I feared that last point at first but I'm not really worrying now that they officially confirmed it'll be viewable in March.

And for the show's credits on their site, "TBA" merely means "To Be Announced." Nothing unordinary there.
I'm on Twitter.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

The reboot's situation is identical to what happened with the Blues Brothers cartoon pilot from 1997...one fully-animated, fully-voiced episode was made, shown at some trade shows, and then abandoned after bad test audience responses. The fact that the public has to wait another four months from now - five months after the schedule release date - for a 30-60 second teaser trailer is also something a little questionable.

As for me, I'm really losing interest. I previously joked about only wanting to see if Tenma was hot or not, but at this point, I'll be surprised if we even get a glimpse of a single character before next summer.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

If they postpone it even further, then there is something wrong, even if they said it was official. I have seen and heard this happen to so many shows, even when they have finished the first season, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and 07 Ghost are good examples of this. Some shows only show the pilot episode and then no more, usually due to founding issues.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

At this point, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

I was a little peeved that Shibuya delayed the teaser from September to March, but now that they've confirmed a specific date for when it'll premiere, I'm okay with waiting. I doubt it'll be delayed any more than it is considering that it's one of the main attractions at the MAGIC event and that some of the staff will be there for the premiere of the teaser (not to mention that the background on the website is the promotional poster for Astro Boy Reboot).

However, I can totally understand where you two are coming from. As I said in my previous post, I doubt we'll see anything before March 21. Shibuya has been incredibly quiet about the series since its initial announcement, and unfortunately, I don't think that's going to change. Shibuya does have one stop before the MAGIC event at the Kidscreen Summit in late February, but even that's only open to business people, so I doubt we'll hear anything new from that.

To be honest, I wonder if Shibuya announced Astro Boy Reboot a little too early. It seems like things were (and probably still are) in the very early stages of development with the series. Honestly, I would've been fine if Shibuya had announced the series at a much later date so that they could've had more to talk about instead of "yup, here's a promotional poster. Oh, and a teaser will come out in a few months as well."

Despite all that though, there's really nothing substantial to judge Astro Boy Reboot on yet. Are they suffering setbacks or funding issues? Maybe. Shibuya Productions is a small company. However, the fact of the matter is that we don't truly know at this point. For all we know, there could be something amazing in store, and Shibuya is just keeping hush hush about the whole thing until March 21. Yeah, I think we could've had the teaser by now, but I'm willing to wait since we have, most assuredly, a release date for the teaser now. We'll just have to wait and see how Astro Boy Reboot truly is when it finally debuts.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”