Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

We're midway through September now, so I suspect we'll be getting the teaser trailer in a week or so. Of all the things I'm hopeful for, I'm really hoping that this series won't have any toilet humour or pain humour; there's a lot of French-made shows that depend on those for laughs.

(I'm also hoping Dr. Tenma's attractive in this version, too.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

The teaser trailer is not up yet, but Shibuya Productions did just update their website, saying that they'll be at Tokyo Game Show from September 18-21, and at MIPCOM from October 13-16.

They also have pages for the four projects they're working on, including Astro Boy Reboot. Nothing much to see right now, but they do say that the series will be "Science Fiction/Action/Comedy". They also show some info on the series that we've already known, such as the series having 26 episodes which are 26 minutes long, being a mix of 3D and 2D animation, and the target audience being "8+":

http://www.shibuya-productions.com/en/projets.html

It's only a matter of time now until the teaser trailer gets released.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

Thanks for the update, can't wait to see it. It will be refreshing to see some new Astro Boy after all this time.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Shibuya Productions just confirmed that they'll have the Astro Boy Reboot series at MIPCOM next month!

https://www.facebook.com/277251422360067/photos/a.307245839360625.75538.277251422360067/720501614701710/?type=1&theater

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Wait so does that mean they're showing the teaser next month? I'm all for waiting a bit longer. I'm pretty sure it's worth it.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"falloutflowers" wrote:Wait so does that mean they're showing the teaser next month? I'm all for waiting a bit longer. I'm pretty sure it's worth it.

Maybe. With Shibuya showing off Astro Boy Reboot at MIPCOM, I'm guessing that they have enough of Astro Boy Reboot made already to be shown off at the event. If that's the case, then they certainly have enough content to show off the teaser trailer.

We still have three more days left in September, so they may show the trailer off this month like they said. However, if that's not the case, I'm speculating that they'll show off the trailer to the public before MIPCOM comes around.

I'm like you in that I'm willing to wait for the teaser trailer because it's probably going to be worth it, although I'm interested in seeing if Shibuya will make the September deadline.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 9 years ago

OI! IM NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THIS.....
i mean yes its nice to reboot astro but ehhh im not too really crazy about the style might be animated in flash...im not a fan of that unless they do the mlp route an yes its astroboygf im back from the dead. ive been busy doing voice work for people
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 9 years ago

I have my hopes up for the reboot. Being that the info that is out there on it is minimal at best, I can't really form an opinion on the show itself. I'll have to wait until the pilot is aired (or maybe when the trailer is uploaded if it includes a good chunk of footage from the show).

It'll be interesting if the 3D/2D combination is full-on three dimensional environments with traditionally animated characters. But if it's the other way around, it may come out like that "Alone in The Dark" video game.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Here's a screencap.
Innovative for its time, now it just looks like origami.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Welp, September has come and gone in Monaco and France, and the teaser trailer still hasn't been released yet. I'm still wondering if we'll see something before Shibuya goes to MIPCOM, but we'll see. Anything's possible at this point.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

I'm not sure. There was way too little news for something THIS big. I'll keep my hopes up for this series, but if its not shown even after Shibuya goes to MIPCOM, then i'm pretty sure it won't make it.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”