Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I'm also very interested in how this new series will look, I wish we could see some screen shots before then though!

Harian96
Kokoro Robot

Postby Harian96 » 9 years ago

The 2003 series is still my favorite, it had the best character designs and a good anime feel to it.

This one seems a little... simplistic in its character design...

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

One thing at a time... Tezuka's Buddha 2 comes out on Blu-ray in Japan in just 5 days... After I've watched it, then I'll look forward to this Astro Boy teaser. :D
I'm on Twitter.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

If it is real, I hope it is going to be good. Although, I have a feeling that it is going to be too childish, I am also a bit worried that the blog stated that they are going to aim towards children who do not know the show. In that case, I hope they make him recognisable to the older version but also make it fresh, but not fresh to a point that it ruins it.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

This looks amazing! But i'm having second thoughts about it, because of how they're allowed to make a completely new story.
Who knows! This could be absolutely amazing (I'm 99% sure it will be) or it could be horrible. I'll keep my eyes open for more details about it.
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

I'm guessing Little Astro Boy will have been the real treat for us anime fans this year while AstroBoy Reboot will bring us mixed feelings like Imagi's movie.
I'm on Twitter.

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy reboot series

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Does anybody know when the trailer is coming out? I heard it would come out in September, but I'm not sure they mentioned a date. Does anybody know anything about it?
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

My rule of thumb: always expect the latest possible outcome (or even later than that). I've been burned too many times.

So September 30th it is.
I'm on Twitter.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Believe me: if we knew the date the teaser trailer is going to be released, you would know. Just keep checking the main thread for news about the reboot series.

All Shibuya Productions said was that the trailer would be out in September. No specific date in September was given. Could be tomorrow. Could be the 30th like F-Man said.

There hasn't been any news since June about the reboot series though, so I have a feeling that F-Man is right in speculating that the trailer won't be released until September 30th or later. However, I would love to be proven wrong and have a trailer come out tomorrow.

Also, I'm merging this thread with the ongoing thread for the Astro Boy Reboot series.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

I remain fascinated by this reboot but I still believe that all Astro Boy really needs is someone who can give the 2003 series a dub that's actually... you know... GOOD! or at least subtitled and uncut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”