Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Which led to him being inadvertently rude, and even almost cruel- apparently, he called one of his friends garbage. I don't even think if it was indirect, either, iirc from what someone else told me. He probably wasn't meaning to be, well, mean; but he made his friend cry, so... (it was in the episode with recycling, I think? never got to see much of that one, if anything...)
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

Yeah, but being a total innocent I thought it was kind of funny. He's a good kid but not very bright in this version. I don't know, didn't look like the type of show meant to be taken very seriously ^^;

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I'm aware. I just thought it was funny.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

It is funny

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

(Oh goody finally I have access to rant on about how much I'm hyped for this series YES)

This is the first Astro Boy reboot/spinoff/series that I'm able to watch at the same time it's going to be aired, so I'm really excited for that. I was very upset when I realized that I could've at least seen the movie in 2009. Bummer.

Plus I'm also very thrilled that the show's language is english, too. There's nothing wrong with Japanese, of course, but if the main language is english then I'll have less worries for the quality of the dub. Since the main language is english then the voice actors will probably match the characters more than all those english dubs of the Japanese series. If you get what I mean... :)

And finally I have SO MANY head canons about how this series is going to be told. As much as the 1 minute teaser had no information whatsoever, there could be thousands of possibilities on how the plot would go.

One thing I focused the most on was Astro's new eye colour. I have this head canon that he originally had brown eyes like he was supposed to have, but he removed his lenses entirely because he knew he was different from his counterpart Tobio/Whatever they will call him(If he does appear as Astro's origin in this series). Since he didn't have any eye lenses/covers anymore, you could see all the information transmitting through his eyes and changing them into blue.

I have so much more but this theory is my favorite. I can't wait for more news about the reboot!!!
Last edited by YJ_Doodle on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

There is some information available around about this series. For one thing, he has a human family, and a couple of human friends. For another, he's apparently trying to become more like a human child, than the robot he is, because he reasons it's the only way he'll ever be loved by anyone. But he's hyper-logical, doesn't know how to play, doesn't know how to lie, and is, naturally, super strong (in addition to his ability to fly, and who knows what else). He feels emotion, but apparently does not know how to deal with it or express it properly... And that's about it. Oh, and Atlas shows up in some form for some reason at some point.

There's not much known, so much is left to speculation. But the story is going to be original this time, as far as anyone knows (they may take a few cues from the other series here and there, for all we know). While nothing has yet been said about his origins this time around, it can be guessed that it's going to differ from the norm.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

this is starting to sound more and more like My life as a Teenage Robot the more I hear about it XD Minus the "over logical" part though. Jenny wasn't exactly overly logical XD
I had a feeling it was going to be an original story when I heard Tezuka industries gave them full permission to basically do whatever they wanted.

This all promises to be very fascinating.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

It certainly seems different from the norm for the franchise. This is what I've gathered from the summaries posted around in different places, particularly Shibuya's sites, of which you can find links on the first page of this topic.

As for that show, I only saw, like, a couple of episodes ages ago. I don't remember it that well...

I really and truly hope that this is good. And that we hear something before MAGIC next year...
lolwut

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

Is there any news? This whole super cool reboot is rapidly losing steam, leaving us complaining (I do that a lot) and just angry at whatever's delaying it. I think they built up too much excitement (including already talking about making movies and video games) and should've got us excited when they were closer to the actual release date. I hope that we aren't making them angry with expecting too much, but if they revealed it later, then...

I hope they are working on it as hard as they're working on their petz club and shenmoue 3. :^
:hyo: whoops

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"Umbral-Coltwings" wrote:Is there any news? This whole super cool reboot is rapidly losing steam, leaving us complaining (I do that a lot) and just angry at whatever's delaying it. I think they built up too much excitement (including already talking about making movies and video games) and should've got us excited when they were closer to the actual release date. I hope that we aren't making them angry with expecting too much, but if they revealed it later, then...

I hope they are working on it as hard as they're working on their petz club and shenmoue 3. :^

Nothing at the moment.

Shibuya Productions has been going to different conventions over the last few days, such as Mipcom, Mip Junior, and even New York Comic Con, but they didn't show off anything note-worthy...well, at least not to the public. They might've shown ABR to other companies behind closed doors at Mipcom and Mip Junior to secure licensing deals to show Astro Boy Reboot in different countries. Not sure about NYCC. If they did show anything at NYCC, some journalist or news outlet would've reported it. They're also showing one of their movies, called "Lilly and the Magic Pearl" at the 44th annual Festival de Nouveau Cinema in Montreal from October 7th to October 18th.

I'm sure they're working pretty hard on Astro Boy Reboot, but just don't have anything to show at the moment. Expect news to be pretty scarce until February 27th.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”