Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fanficlover99
Banned

Postby Fanficlover99 » 8 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:
Agreed. That doesn't look like a face of panic or fear to me. He's definitely smiling.

Ironically, when i made drawings of Tobio as a Boxer, he never smiled :unsure: :confused:

example here...

" Little Brown Fox" wrote: ... Huh, I guess that the flower girl's pose does look pretty uncomfortable. A common failure in the basics of dynamic posing, I suppose...

Maybe she's really really good at it without getting hurt :lol:
Last edited by Fanficlover99 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
check out my DA page
http://doctorwhovian1963.deviantart.com/ :hyo:
you can also check me out on fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/~doctorwhovian63

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

Neat drawing, Fanficlover :D Always a pleasure to see some Tobio fanart.

Hmm, maybe Dr. Tenma and Tawashi(?) created Divercity and put everyone into this holographic world? The city LOOKS peaceful, but it's all a fake, and there's a real world where war is going on(Like the red part of the poster with all the attacking robots)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Ooooooh, yes. Tawashi still definitely still seems like a police/military authority here; I don't think that he'd have anything to do with the creation of the city itself. He's just a peacekeeper-archetype. Tenma might have had something to do with it, for sure, though. And maybe even what looks to be Skunk...?

Man, though, unless we learn more, thinking along this line is going to give some hella existential concerns, pardon my language. Like, god, what if nobody is real...? The last thing I need is something that fuels my occasional existential crises...
lolwut

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Maybe they created an artificial world after the real one was destroyed by pollution or something. Tezuka was big on environmental stuff, after all. I bet some kind of "go green" message will come up. That could tie in with the classic conflict between humans and robots, too.

I don't think the man with the mustache is Tawashi. Tenma was easy to identify since he still has that goofy hair, and if they keep important aspects of Tenma's design why would they completely overhaul others? Plus this Tawashi(?) doesn't have a sufficiently ridiculous nose to convince me of his identity. Skunk, on the other hand, is blue.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Yeah, but he's still different. We don't even know for sure if that's Skunk. Whereas that looks a lot like Tawashi to me; mustache, air of authority... bald... Tawashi never really wore a police uniform like this guy, so far as I know; but he reminds me a lot of him, and if he isn't Tawashi then he's probably some kind of homage.

Speaking of which, I wonder what characters will show, if any. And will their be passing references and homages?
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Now that I see the HD version of the poster, it appears to me that Tobio is riding on some sort of jet powered vehicle. :(

Maybe this character is portrayed by Goku, & he is riding on his cloud? :D :hyo:

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I thought it was a robot at first... but now it looks like a dinky little disc. :T Tobio, still making poor decisions regarding modes of transport, I see. (Assuming that is him. In which case it would be funny, albeit in a dark way.)
lolwut

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I thought it was a robot at first... but now it looks like a dinky little disc. :T Tobio, still making poor decisions regarding modes of transport, I see. (Assuming that is him. In which case it would be funny, albeit in a dark way.)

IDK, some people think that is a smile on Tobio's face. Mouth wide open in an oval with teeth showing, but eyes also wide open as in a stare. I think that is a look of panic, "HOLLY $hit!" two seconds before he crashes. Same Astro origin as Tezuka's.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

The ends of his mouth are upwards, isn't he smiling? He doesn't seem to be about to crash or anything. Why would they portray that anyway? A kid about to die on a promotional poster for a kid friendly series? Plus, I've never seen Tobio being on an official groupshot/poster of the other AB series and if that IS him on the ABR poster wouldn't he have more screentime? As an actual main character, not a plot device.

But I do have to admit that IS a really bad choice of transportation. There's no safety strap or anything, his posture looks REALLY uncomfortable and it looks like he could fall off easily(Unless there's a magnets preventing that), he's flying quite a distance up... I wouldn't be that surprised if that disk traveling device whatnot actually does kill him.

Or what if, (going with my "Fake City" theory) Tobio is actually dead of an accident in reality, but was programmed along with Divercity by Tenma? Just so his son could be alive virtually or something.
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-03-02 21.27.38.png
Screenshot 2016-03-02 21.27.38.png (106.36 KiB) Viewed 2927 times

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:Or what if, (going with my "Fake City" theory) Tobio is actually dead of an accident in reality, but was programmed along with Divercity by Tenma? Just so his son could be alive virtually or something.

This is a good theory. It does make me wonder how Astro would come into the equation though. Perhaps Tenma creates Divercity and Virtual Tobio after creating Astro?

One theory I've had since seeing this newest poster is that Astro transports between the real world and the digital world (Divercity) in this series. Tenma allows him to transport between reality and Divercity with some sort of machine. Taking your theory into account, YJ_Doodle, I do think Tobio will only exist in this digital world (due to his death in the real world), along with the other characters portrayed around him in the poster. The characters that also exist in the real world (Skunk, Tawashi, Atlas) will have the ability to transport between the real world and Divercity as well. Fubuki, Akino, and the "HM35" robot only exist within Divercity.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”