Astro Boy Reboot (Future Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Oh I forgot about Nakamura! He hasn't been prominent for a long time, has he...?

Anyways, Tenma's prominent placement could easily have more to do with his relationship with the series' protagonist- namely, Astro. And you can't have these two in the same figurative room together without one having a lot to do with the other, now can you? (Even if you hypothetically could... that'd be weird. :T )
lolwut

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

The 2003 series' poster did something similar with Tenma, though he had a villainous reaching hand too. I'm hoping Tenma gets a prominent role in the new series. He's one of the most interesting characters, in my opinion.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

Uh... I found this page on Manga-News.com that describes the synopsis of ABR a little more than what we know, and I was wondering if any of you have seen it before, too? It's sounding pretty confusing to me. According to what it says I'm getting the 80's vibe but apparently for some reason Astro doesn't know he's a robot. Someone clean this up, please.

Original Text:
Bonjour ! Je m'appelle Astro. Mon père est un grand scientifique féru de robotique. Il me gronde souvent pour ma maladresse, je crois que j'ai trop de force. L'autre jour, j'ai utilisé ces étranges pouvoirs surhumains pour extirper des gens d'un gigantesque brasier. C'est là que j'ai découvert que j'étais un robot. C'est à partir de ce jour là que mon père et moi décidâmes de parcourir les océans. Mais là aussi, les dangers sont légion, comme lorsque notre navire s'approcha inexorablement d'un iceberg. D'autres dangers nous guettaient pour mettre à mal notre quête de tranquillité...

(Google)Translated: Hello ! My name is Astro. My father was a great scientist keen on robotics. He often scolds me for my clumsiness, I think I have too much force. The other day, I used these strange superhuman powers to remove people from a huge blaze. It was there that I discovered that I was a robot. It is from that day that my father and I decided to travel the oceans. But again, the dangers are legion, as when our ship approached inexorably of an iceberg. Other dangers lying in wait for us to undermine our quest for peace ...

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/dvd/Astroboy-Reboot

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"YJ_Doodle" wrote:Uh... I found this page on Manga-News.com that describes the synopsis of ABR a little more than what we know, and I was wondering if any of you have seen it before, too? It's sounding pretty confusing to me. According to what it says I'm getting the 80's vibe but apparently for some reason Astro doesn't know he's a robot. Someone clean this up, please.

Original Text:
Bonjour ! Je m'appelle Astro. Mon père est un grand scientifique féru de robotique. Il me gronde souvent pour ma maladresse, je crois que j'ai trop de force. L'autre jour, j'ai utilisé ces étranges pouvoirs surhumains pour extirper des gens d'un gigantesque brasier. C'est là que j'ai découvert que j'étais un robot. C'est à partir de ce jour là que mon père et moi décidâmes de parcourir les océans. Mais là aussi, les dangers sont légion, comme lorsque notre navire s'approcha inexorablement d'un iceberg. D'autres dangers nous guettaient pour mettre à mal notre quête de tranquillité...

(Google)Translated: Hello ! My name is Astro. My father was a great scientist keen on robotics. He often scolds me for my clumsiness, I think I have too much force. The other day, I used these strange superhuman powers to remove people from a huge blaze. It was there that I discovered that I was a robot. It is from that day that my father and I decided to travel the oceans. But again, the dangers are legion, as when our ship approached inexorably of an iceberg. Other dangers lying in wait for us to undermine our quest for peace ...

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/dvd/Astroboy-Reboot

That's just a description for the 80's anime carried over, don't pay it any mind.
I'm on Twitter.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

Oh okay, I got really confused about that XD Phew!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:[QUOTE=YJ_Doodle;238127]Or what if, (going with my "Fake City" theory) Tobio is actually dead of an accident in reality, but was programmed along with Divercity by Tenma? Just so his son could be alive virtually or something.

This is a good theory. It does make me wonder how Astro would come into the equation though. Perhaps Tenma creates Divercity and Virtual Tobio after creating Astro?

One theory I've had since seeing this newest poster is that Astro transports between the real world and the digital world (Divercity) in this series. Tenma allows him to transport between reality and Divercity with some sort of machine. Taking your theory into account, YJ_Doodle, I do think Tobio will only exist in this digital world (due to his death in the real world), along with the other characters portrayed around him in the poster. The characters that also exist in the real world (Skunk, Tawashi, Atlas) will have the ability to transport between the real world and Divercity as well. Fubuki, Akino, and the "HM35" robot only exist within Divercity.[/QUOTE]
The circle is now complete: whereas Zoe (the CYLON prototype) was obviously a robot built to replace a dead child; & thus likely inspired by Atom/Tobio, if indeed there is a virtual reality element here, it is very likely based upon the one in Caprica. :D

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 8 years ago

(Back) I got so excited about the poster! I do wonder about the weird red-evil-robot-maybe Tawashi background part, myself. Anyway, now all we gotta of is wait until most likely late next year! *weeps* ;) Tenma sure looks intimidating, like he's a calm evil guy.
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Tenma is never truly "evil", per se. Which is probably why he comes off that way. He's probably a bad person, sure; but he never actively intends to be evil; he just does "evil" things because his perspective is different, usually. Also, he's probably (more than) a little cracked, in the versions that he actually shows up and does things. He's an antagonist, to be sure- and probably in here, too, or so it looks like. But he's not out kicking puppies and stealing from little old ladies for grins and giggles.
lolwut

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

So, Tenma is a anti-hero?

Fanficlover99
Banned

Postby Fanficlover99 » 8 years ago

And so, the fandom rejoiced, in a world where fans of the original work complain that the new version is bad and "RUWINING MEH CHAILDHUUD", i'm glad the AB fanbase is more sane
check out my DA page
http://doctorwhovian1963.deviantart.com/ :hyo:
you can also check me out on fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/~doctorwhovian63

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”