Saddest scene/Most enduring scene

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

I've actually recently been rewatching the 1980 and 2003 series (after like 8 years) along with watching the 1963 one for the first time and there have been several eps that have stuck with me.
I was surprised at how sad the Snow Lion ep from '63 was, especially that scene with all the robots in the museum telling Dr. Ochanomizu not to give up.
Someone else mentioned the Damdam's Head ep which I thought was really good. Also a really sad one from '80 was Astro vs. Atlas: Atlas forever. Like wow, so many people died in that episode. And just how distraught Astro was throughout most of the ep :cry:
And not super sad ep, but a touching one was the Robot Circus from '03.
And of course all the Pluto eps killed me.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

While not actually sad, one of the 'missing' 89 episodes from the '63 series has been haunting me (and the fact that I don't understand most of it since it's in Japanese and not sub'ed only makes it worse) is #171 "Kutcher Forever". As best as I can understand after the funeral of a famous scientist who had something to do with the invention of an element of Robotic AI that made Atom's mind possible, a group of businessmen are trying to steal some kind of treasure that the man had hidden away. Only Atom notices that the scientists spirit inhabits his statue near a large complex that is being torn down for some reason. Atom has been sent to help with the demolition and is crashing into buildings to demolish them.

At the very end of the episode a very solemn Atom receives a final message from the spirit in the statue and he walks away with his spirits disturbed. I wish I could understand that conversation between him and the statue as it is the key to the resolution of the story.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:While not actually sad, one of the 'missing' 89 episodes from the '63 series has been haunting me (and the fact that I don't understand most of it since it's in Japanese and not sub'ed only makes it worse) is #171 "Kutcher Forever". As best as I can understand after the funeral of a famous scientist who had something to do with the invention of an element of Robotic AI that made Atom's mind possible, a group of businessmen are trying to steal some kind of treasure that the man had hidden away. Only Atom notices that the scientists spirit inhabits his statue near a large complex that is being torn down for some reason. Atom has been sent to help with the demolition and is crashing into buildings to demolish them.

At the very end of the episode a very solemn Atom receives a final message from the spirit in the statue and he walks away with his spirits disturbed. I wish I could understand that conversation between him and the statue as it is the key to the resolution of the story.

What episode number is this, do you know?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Look at my post, I said it was #171 in the Japanese order.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

*smacks face* Can't believe I missed that, I even went back to your post and looked for it. It's just been one of those days.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 9 years ago

This is a test....test...test

WOOT - name change! (Well spelling anyway)
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

Nice! I saw the "Can the real Photar please step forward?" thread, and I'm glad you got the name! :)
I've never really seen the saddest ones, but the 1980's Episode five: "Rescue your Classmate!" made me sad when he was being picked on for being a robot in school.
Last edited by Umbral-Coltwings on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hyo: whoops

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 9 years ago

Thanks Umbrai!!

I loved the save the classmates episode and would class it more as an enduring one. I just looooove the synth-beat (doof - doof - doof) lead-in to the instrumental version of the theme song just before Astroboy flies towards the roller-coaster.

I was speaking with Jay Rath (The voice actor who played skunk) and he said that Patty (actress playing Astroboy) would always look for an opportunity to make the 'grrrrrrr' sounds that Astro was making as he flew along the rollercoaster tracks.

Lol
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Earthshine

I was speaking with Jay Rath (The voice actor who played skunk) and he said that Patty (actress playing Astroboy) would always look for an opportunity to make the 'grrrrrrr' sounds that Astro was making as he flew along the rollercoaster tracks.

LOL I have to re-watch the episode to hear this noise just so I can understand this better. Thanks for sharing the story.

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

For me, it would be some of the parts in the film.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”