What Would You Like to See in a New Astro Boy Series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 9 years ago

I'm with everybody else on wanting to see Cobalt back, but I want to see him in the same series as Atlas for a change, because I feel like there's often this "one or the other" mentality with them being included, when having both could easily work. Besides, I think the interactions between them would probably be hilarious.

Frankly, I just want to see all the siblings (I'm kind of impartial to whether or not this includes Chi-tan) interact and be siblings and get chances to contribute to the plot with their own unique abilities, you know? I mean, why give Astro all these siblings if they're not gonna do anything? I also definitely like the idea of letting Ochanomizu taking care of them.

So yeah basically I guess I just want more focus on the family element of things.
It's a magical day!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

I agree with Sporkia - I also want Atlas to be there . . . he could still be seen as a "half-brother" or something - it would add an interesting twist (he's like a "dark Astro").

I've never seen Cobalt portrayed as dark (although Little Brown Fox's fanfics have developed an "angsty Cobalt" which I enjoyed) - except for "Demented Cobalt" - but that wasn't his fault!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

The closest that I can recall Cobalt being an 'anti' astro was in the manga where they fought each other in an inter-school wrestling match.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I also really want Atlas to be a reoccurring character, though the Atlas from the 2003 anime at least as the inspiration. Cobalt is also a character that I miss! Although I admit I didn't like him at first he really grew on me and I'd like to see him more in a plot-based scenario.

I would also love to see more of the theme of family =/= blood with Atom's interaction with Ochanomizu (though in this case "blood" is slightly inaccurate :p ). I've always been a sucker for single parents, especially if the single parent is a father-figure (never had one growing up).

As for animation I'm open for anything because I love animation as a medium, my only desire is that it is high-quality with an art style that is pleasing and suited for Atom (nothing like Family Guy or something that far).

I still really want Pluto to be animated. :wub:

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 9 years ago

I really want Rumiko and Dr Torineko to be on the 2014.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Like others, I would REALLY like to see Cobalt and Chi-Tan brought back to the story. And I don't think that means they have to also bring back his robotic parents (they had nothing to do with the addition with Astro's siblings, so they could be living with Dr. O as in the 2003 version.

I think it would be interesting to "reboot" Astro's technology (they have kind of done that with each new version . . . the 2009 movie definitely moving him out of nuclear power).

I, having been a member of a so-called nuclear family, prefer the 'parents' or parental-units as Connie Conehead & the female version of Gam, the title character of 2003's #38, Request of Emily (Battle Bot) would call them, should be present, even if they are rarely part of the plot.

As far as stories go, an animated version of the original ROBOT LAND would be interesting, especially because mama & papa disguise themselves as Ochanomizu & Higeoyaji, and go to the island to plead with Dr. Hyde for Atom's release. :p

So, yes, an intact family would be my preference, complete with occasional squabbles between its members. As far as other characters go, I would want the regular supporting ones, villains such as Skunk, Rommel, Mason, annoyances such as Fooler, & Boon, who debuted as a good guy but is better known as a villain. Others including robots, Pipi-chan, & occasionally Arale. :p

I liked the emphasis that the 1980 & 2003 versions placed upon school & friends & their adventures. For that matter, it seems that Jetter Mars may have started the trend; though there were a few episodes that at least depicted the school in the 1963 series. :hyo:

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 9 years ago

I think it should be on some where like nickelodeon. Now hear me out!
They made an amazing Amine that every child loved to watch, "Avatar."
So when it comes to making an anime story easy to understand and fun for kids of all ages, nickelodeon could do it! But only if they did it like Avatar. Do you get what I'm saying? Oh!!! And hello! I haven't been on in so long but I am now so hi!
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 9 years ago

It would be cool if they brought back some of the forgotten characters from the series (Noh Uno and Cobalt are two that come to mind). Maybe even somehow tie in characters from Jetter Mars, but the characters from that show if I recall correctly are now owned by Toei animation.
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

I just want the characters to have really nice designs. Ever since the 2009 movie and the NOW! Comics series, I've been hoping a new series would have less jarring and unstreamlined designs. I want the series to also keep most of Astro's original origin in tact.

To me, I don't really care for the idea of Cobalt coming back. But I'm the person who wants a cute Tenma, so don't take it to heart.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

Postby Daiya Mondo » 9 years ago

ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK. maybe a cute ham too, i don't know.

to explain myself, i'd be really happy if rock would show up. :wub: as a bit part or like what he had gotten with the 60s and 80s versions where he was a time traveler for an episode then buggered right off for the rest of the series. i'd be ecstatic if he got a role like in the 2003 series, granted he was only in the series for two episodes before disappearing, but that's okay. i would really, really love it if he was like a reoccurring character? he wouldn't have to have a big part, or even be like atlas (or skunk but whatever) sort of ? i don't know, haha. :blush:
Last edited by Daiya Mondo on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”