Manga of "secret of Atom's birth"?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Manga of "secret of Atom's birth"?

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Did anyone ever notice how this scene in the manga loosely based on the 2003 TV series resembles the events in "the secret of Atom's birth?"

Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

So cool! Where did you find this?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Oh man, I've always wanted to see The Secret of Atom's Birth, and I've always wanted hard copies of Akira Himekawa's AB manga. His series is really THE thing to read if you watched the 2003 series and wanted more closure on Astro's family dynamics.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

Love this picture! Where can I buy the manga?
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"falloutflowers" wrote:Love this picture! Where can I buy the manga?

It's been out of print for a rather long time! All three volumes were translated into English and printed by a company in Singapore, and it's just a matter of finding a copy these days. It doesn't help that the covers are near-identical to the French and Japanese editions, making it a little unclear as to which copy you're looking at on an online shop.

I've gotten close to getting a complete set, but the eBay shop in Singapore ran out of stock and refunded me.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

Is this the 2003 manga? I'm pretty sure you can find it translated online (though I'm not sure how legal it is :p ). I remember running across one of the mangas, but I don't remember where. Or why I didn't read it... I'll try to find it again.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 9 years ago

ehh in a gen sense astro's birth was always in secret in the begin. and then people slowly figured out he was a robot. idk there isnt anything secretive about it to me
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

falloutflowers
Kokoro Robot

Postby falloutflowers » 9 years ago

I actually started reading the manga on an app called "Manga Rock". I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with it, but it has all 3 volumes on there with great quality that can be downloaded!
[FONT="Garamond"]"Humans are lost. Alone, they struggle in the darkness, and hurt themselves in fear. They don't know where they came from, or where they're going."[/FONT]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”