Atom: The Beginning (Manga Discussion)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Reid958" wrote:The person on the right, kinda reminds me of Bem for some reason, I'm not to sure I understand what's new about this manga. Is happed to be a new manga of Atom...??

The person on the far right is Dr. Ochanomizu/Dr. O'Shay! It's just a much younger version of him.

Basically, this manga takes place a while before Tobio's death and Atom's birth when Dr. Tenma and Dr. Ochanomizu were still in a university that leads in robot production to aid with reconstruction of Japan after an unknown catastrophe destroyed Japanese land.

This manga is supposed to lead up to the birth of Atom (which I assume will take place at the very end of the manga).

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

"Reid958" wrote:The person on the right, kinda reminds me of Bem for some reason, I'm not to sure I understand what's new about this manga. Is happed to be a new manga of Atom...??

You got this far into the thread and didn't catch any of the discussion of what it's about?!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Reid958;231921]The person on the right, kinda reminds me of Bem for some reason, I'm not to sure I understand what's new about this manga. Is happed to be a new manga of Atom...??

You got this far into the thread and didn't catch any of the discussion of what it's about?![/QUOTE]

Huh really!!! Weird, I see nothing?????? Is this lagging or something. D:

Oh btw thank you very much Shiyonasn.
Last edited by Reid958 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

The preview for Chapter 4 is now available! It's a little longer than the last update, and the first four pages are colored!

http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_1504/index.html#page=1

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

I wonder why they made Ochanomizu a blond, when - in Tezuka's original manga - he was drawn as having dark, curly hair? I actually mistook him for Tenma in this manga because it's got that hanging-over-his-face style we see in Tenma as an adult.

Ochan was also portrayed as a heavy-set younger man. Interesting to see him as flat-out skinny!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

I'm also confused by how "pretty" they make Tenma in this series. Like, comparing this version to everything else...

ImageImageImageImage

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 9 years ago

This series seems promising. In the manga when Atom got transported to the past, don't we get a taste of their lives back in the day when they were becoming good at making robots?? Thanks for translations for the full chapter one. I like the drawn style, it has very similar bits to Tezuka I think, in some ways, but its also like Pluto!! Love that manga, Atom is just so cute. I can't wait for English translation to come out~~~~~~ :astro:
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

The preview for Chapter 5 is now available:

http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_1505/index.html

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Is Ochanomizu aging in reverse? These two together do not look like they're 18-20 years old.

This chapter looks like A106 is completing some sort of competitive training, and Tenma doesn't like that at all, so either he or Ran initiate a stunt with another robot towards the end of this preview.
ImageImageImageImage

Shiyonasan
Administrator

(April 30th update) The preview for Chapter 6 is now available. The story arc from the last couple chapters is still ongoing.

[url]http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_1506/index.html[/url]

(May 26th update) You can now order the first volume of Atom The Beginning in book format on Amazon Japan! The volume will be released on June 5 for 605 yen (~$5 US dollars, ~$6 Canadian dollars).

That's not a bad looking volume cover!

[url]http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4864684170/[/url]

atom-cover01.jpg
atom-cover01.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 2615 times

Also, I found an interview with Tetsuro Kasahara in Japanese:

[url]http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/mushi/201505/special1.html[/url]

The preview of Chapter 7 will premiere on June 1 (May 31 for the Western Hemisphere).
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed May 27, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”