Atom: The Beginning (Manga Discussion)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

All 47 pages of the first chapter have been uploaded on Monthly Hero's site! You can read it all here:

http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_001/index.html#page=1

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I wish I could read the Japanese, but I can enjoy the artwork. Took me about a minute to figure out that the LEFT arrow advances the pages FORWARD. :d oh:
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

Now that I've read the whole chapter, I've taken away this much:

1. Ochanomizu doesn't look good like this. His head is recognizable, but it feels a little rude to take a fat guy and make him suddenly skinny.
2. Tenma sleeps in his underwear. Did this continue into adulthood, and would it be fatal to find this out?
3. I want to see more about Ran. What has she got planned?
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 9 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:2. Tenma sleeps in his underwear. Did this continue into adulthood...?

Let's pretend yes.

Is there a nose bleeding emoticon :D
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

"MrsEclipse" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;231640]
2. Tenma sleeps in his underwear. Did this continue into adulthood...?

Let's pretend yes.

Is there a nose bleeding emoticon :D [/QUOTE]

I vote for yes. :d evil: Too distracted by almost naked Tenma to even try to read the hiragana.
Last edited by Dante69 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"Dante69" wrote:[QUOTE=MrsEclipse;231641][QUOTE=Fauna;231640]
2. Tenma sleeps in his underwear. Did this continue into adulthood...?

Let's pretend yes.

Is there a nose bleeding emoticon :D [/QUOTE]

I vote for yes. :d evil: Too distracted by almost naked Tenma to even try to read the hiragana.[/QUOTE]

I apologize for the ensuing comic (and its quality; I'm in class on a phone...)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.28 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
ImageImageImageImage

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

All right, now it's time for me to actually contribute something real...I'll try and summarize chapter one, quoting my previous page summaries:

Page 1: Hints at the sudden, unexplained disaster that happened in Japanese cities.

Page 4: Describes how robots became more and more commonplace, working to help rebuild the area.

Page 5: A totally new girl, waiting to cross the street. A keychain on her bag says " RAN ". Is her name Ran? Then again, that heart does look a lot like a U...

Page 6-7: We cut to the robotics university campus, where freshman Ochanomizu is running back to his dorm with a sandwich and some groceries. He sees some girls in the same class as him,

Page 8-9: The girls don't even notice him, and he tries to play it off, but he's still really embarrassed. Ochanomizu accidentally runs into a kid in a wheelchair, Moriya Tsutsumi. Ochanomizu is horrified and tries to help Moriya back into his chair. The two start talking, and it's mentioned that Moriya has been declared one of Japan's most promising young geniuses.

Page 10-11: Moriya snaps his fingers, and his own wheelchair pulls him back up into it. The two go separate ways, with Ochanomizu super flattered that Moriya talked to him. Moriya turns to see a girl approach him, calling him "big brother", this being his sister Motoko.

Page 12-13: Motoko teases Moriya for the chair's name of being "untippable", but he takes this in stride. It turns out he's going to need the chair for a while longer. Moriya references Umataro, and Motoko gets pretty dreamy-looking. Someone is called "Kuzu-kun" and Moriya advises Motoko avoid them.

Page 14-16: Ochanomizu gets to the tiny junkyard apartment where he and Tenma are roommates, but Tenma is still asleep and has locked Ochan out of the house. A106 answers the door; the guys just call him "Six" most of the time.

17-18: Ochanomizu excitedly declares he's home, but asking where Tenma is, A106 asks him to wait another 15 minutes until Tenma's REM cycle completes. Disgusted that he's sleeping again, Ochan screams at him to get up or they'll be late for work, and Tenma only falls out of his hammock onto a pile of junk.

19-20: Ochan helps clean up the cut on Tenma's face, and the two argue about Tenma leaving A106 home alone and not answering Ochan on their watch communicators. They discuss if A106 can handle all the housework alone, with Ochan mentioning he's only a prototype, and Tenma talking about how powerful he is already.

21-22: Ochan finishes with a bandaid on Tenma's head, remarking he looks "cool", and Tenma flips out at this, already embarrassed about getting injured (but not about sitting around in his underwear all evening?) Tenma suddenly realizes that he's going to be late for work at this rate, and of course, flips out again at Ochan for "not waking him up."

23-25: Tenma tells Ochan to head out to their work before him and start early, claiming it'll give him enough time to get ready, but then just sits back and leisurely eats a sandwich. He calls out for A106 to do something for him; we cut to Mecha City, the theme park that the boys work at.

26-28: Turns out they're costumed characters for the park's daily parades. Tenma's late again, and Ochan is annoyed until he sees Tenma in suit sulking away. Ochan tries to chase after him, but the parade is about to start, and a staff member slams Ochan's costume head on him. Tachikoma Centaur Girl starts the parade for an excited crowd, including Motoko.

29-32: Motoko annoyedly checks her phone, and turns out she and Tenma have attempted to meet up in what could be a date; he turns up behind her, and looks like it's just A106 in his character costume. Tenma calls Motoko the "girl spy" a lot.

33-35: Up on the roof, A106 identifies something wrong with another robot, and he leaps off the roof edge, down the park, and over a wall. Ochan is in shock at this, still thinking it's Tenma in the suit.

36-41: A106 identifies an explosive device in a large robot, and rips off his costume arm to bare his real arm, punching a hole in the water tower so it drenches and halts the big robot.

42-44: Tenma calls over Ochan to look at the broken robot, while Motoko calls out, "Ochanomizu-kun! :heart: " in the background. There was a hydrogen container in the back of the robot, and it would have gone off if the robot went any further. Ochan sees A106 still hanging to the roof, and is astounded by how advanced his system has turned out to be.

45: The guys finally relax, and honk each other's noses. Motoko is at a loss.
ImageImageImageImage

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

As always, thank you very much for the translations, Fauna.

With that said, the preview for Chapter 3 is now available! This is a pretty short preview though; it's only 7 pages long. However, there's a couple new characters in here, one of which I think is Higeoyaji...

http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/atom_1503/index.html

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

I put together the cover page, just because I like it a lot (even despite the O-thin-omizu):

ImageImageImageImage

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

The person on the right, kinda reminds me of Bem for some reason, I'm not to sure I understand what's new about this manga. Is happed to be a new manga of Atom...??

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”