Things that you LOVED about the Astro Boy movie

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

I found the reason Tenma rejects Astro in the movie far more understandable and believable than in the manga/60s anime. That how Astro looked like Toby/Tobio but grew a different personality and no matter how much Tenma tried, he could not actually re-create his son because of it. Rather than just that he couldn't make him grow up. I remember watching that thinking; "Of couse he can't. He's a robot. What were you thinking?" so I thought the reason in the movie made more sense.
Also like how they axed the robot circus and just made it a robot fighting tournament. Hamegg coming off as a potential new father figure and turning on Astro when he learned the truth was an interesting take as well. Nathan Lane as Hamegg was also perfect casting. I remember hearing he was signed to be in it but didn't announce who he was playing but I knew he had to be Hamegg and I was right XD
I liked the idea of Cora too but felt she needed more development.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I also think the that movie version of Dr. Tenma was slightly more realistic than other incarnations of the character. I mean, if he was this brilliant scientist who could build Atom, why could he not understand why he couldn't grow? But then again I think that Tezuka was hinting at the extreme detriment that grief can cause to a person.

In the movie version it made much more sense, and at the very least Dr. Tenma admitted that when he decided to create Astro in the image of his son it was a mistake (if I remember correctly, I've only seen this movie once :blush :) . He realized that by creating Astro he did not gain his child back, but rather got someone else entirely and having Astro look like Toby/Tobio only accelerated his grief.

So I liked that part in the movie.

PlainOlMysteri
Kokoro Robot

Postby PlainOlMysteri » 9 years ago

Well, I hope I'm not totally late to post a thread.
To be honest, the soundtrack Is what really made me like the movie, plus, the beginning Itself to the movie Is pretty dark relating to the original In a way.
Plus the fact that Tenma (or Bill had also basically kicked Astro out of his basement cause he's old enough to live In a house), suggest that he find a new place.
But, wow, I'm pretty crushed that they didn't add Atlas, Jetto, Uran, Mr. Beard, or any of Astro's friends.
I'm pretty happy that they had added In Cora, Zach, Sludge and all of the new characters. Plus the fact that they had In Hamegg, the formal villian of the 1960's and the movie.
Otherwise I pretty much liked the movie.
(You could have at least put In Jump, Imagi.. :C)

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

My favourite character is Astro. And my favourite line from the film is "I got machine guns... In my... BUTT?!?!?!?!" :lol: That part is so funny! :o cha: :astro: "I got machine guns... In my... BUTT?!?!?!?!" :astro: :o cha:
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby BigFox8 » 9 years ago

"PlainOlMysteri" wrote:Well, I hope I'm not totally late to post a thread.
To be honest, the soundtrack Is what really made me like the movie, plus, the beginning Itself to the movie Is pretty dark relating to the original In a way.
Plus the fact that Tenma (or Bill had also basically kicked Astro out of his basement cause he's old enough to live In a house), suggest that he find a new place.
But, wow, I'm pretty crushed that they didn't add Atlas, Jetto, Uran, Mr. Beard, or any of Astro's friends.
I'm pretty happy that they had added In Cora, Zach, Sludge and all of the new characters. Plus the fact that they had In Hamegg, the formal villian of the 1960's and the movie.
Otherwise I pretty much liked the movie.
(You could have at least put In Jump, Imagi.. :C)
The name Sludge rhymes with fudge.
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

I like that..... Atomu wore clothes.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 9 years ago

Astro seemed more human I think than previously; especially turning his nose up at boring subjects like Kant's book of reasoning.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”