Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack (mobile game)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack (mobile game)

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

astro-boy-siege-alien-attack-780x375.jpg
astro-boy-siege-alien-attack-780x375.jpg (100.48 KiB) Viewed 2679 times

The same company that made Astro Boy Flight just released another Astro Boy mobile game! This one is a tower-defense/action strategy game called "Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack".

The VentureBeat article describes it like this: "In Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack, [Atom] has to protect the world from evil aliens who want to plunder the Earth’s natural resources. Strategy is critical as players must collect the right robot parts, upgrade their armies with the appropriate skills, and carefully choose how to deploy limited resources."

It's available both on iTunes and Google Play.

[url]https://itunes.apple.com/app/id890726100[/url]
[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.animoca.google.astroboydefense[/url]

Here's a promotional video:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6AXgkxJBOLw[/url]

Source: [url=http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/04/animoca-brands-launches-two-mobile-games-based-on-japanese-cartoon-astro-boy/]VentureBeat[/url]

To view the article without clicking on the VentureBeat link, click on the spoiler tag:
click for spoiler
Animoca Brands launches two mobile games based on Japanese cartoon Astro Boy

Animoca Brands is announcing two mobile games based on Astro Boy, a famous anime and manga cartoon series from Japan.

For Hong Kong-based Animoca Brands, a spin-off from mobile-game maker Animoca, brands have become a necessity. They draw in fans of the entertainment properties, and they also help games stand out from a million other apps in the ultra-competitive app stores.

In this case, Animoca Brands has focused on the Japanese cartoon and comic series created by Osamu Tezuka, whose works are popular not only in Japan but also in places like China and the U.S. By specializing in Asian brands, Animoca Brands is betting that these titles will do well in some of the world’s hottest mobile-gaming markets.

Astro Boy Flight is available on the Apple App Store now as a “vertical-running” shooter game (or, really, just flying). And Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack is a strategy defense game that is launching simultaneously on the Apple App Store and the Google Play store today.

“Whether it’s by building our own brands like the Pretty Pets or Star Girl, or licensing them from third parties, branded [intellectual property] has always been crucial to our growth strategy,” said David Kim, the CEO of Animoca, in a statement. “This is our third and fourth game based on Astro Boy, and we are finding that, like Ultraman, Doraemon, and other Asian brands we have developed mobile games for, he’s got a strong fan base not just in the East but in North America and throughout the world.”

The titles are the third and fourth that Animoca Brands has created around Astro Boy. It has also created branded mobile games around Garfield, Doraemon, Ultraman, and Ben 10.

Animoca Brands was formed earlier this year to focus on branded content while Animoca itself creates original titles.

In Astro Boy Flight, you have to shoot at evil robots and wicked mechs who are attacking the Earth and threatening to destroy the human race. Astro Boy comes to the rescue, arcade-style. As Astro Boy, players must fly through the sky, dodge bullets and missiles, and blast the enemies. In Astro Boy Siege: Alien Attack, he has to protect the world from evil aliens who want to plunder the Earth’s natural resources. Strategy is critical as players must collect the right robot parts, upgrade their armies with the appropriate skills, and carefully choose how to deploy limited resources.

Animoca Brands licensed Astro Boy from Tezuka Productions. Astro Boy first appeared in Tezuka’s 1952 Japanese comic book (manga) series. It was known in Japan under its original name, Mighty Atom. Starting in 1963, Astro Boy appeared in an animated television series. He was the first mega-hit in what would later become known as “anime.” And Tezuka himself is known as the God of Manga.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

It's Photar!
:hyo: whoops

Moonlit Flower
Banned

Postby Moonlit Flower » 9 years ago

Uran has powers in this game? How unusual. :0

Will you be able to play as her in this game?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 9 years ago

I've played up to level 8 of this game so far, and I like it a lot more than Astro Boy Flight! There's a lot of variety, and the game's visual style is far more authentic to Tezuka's style. The fact that I can visit Tenma's lab in this is a bonus, too...!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

I played it up to level 8 too. It's a pretty fun game. I don't really play games like this but I'll probably continue to play it for awhile. I really want to get to the point where you can have other robot characters from the series on your team.
I found it kind of interesting they they call him Atom and Astro Boy in this game. Also that a lot of these Astro Boy app games seem to use the 80's style for the character designs.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Installed.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

we're up to THREE Astro Boy mobile games now? That's it. I need some sort of mobile device.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Haha dragonrider, I need a new phone, my silly iPod is super slow. Change my mind to get a new iPhone, because I still have an 2003 Nokia phone...I think, something like that. XD anyway I've managed to download that game just yesterday and now on level 7.

Something I've noticed, Astro in the game seems to start only about 800hp.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm leaning towards an iPod touch myself. Or some kind of tablet. (Not an ipad. I'd prefer my tablet to have a usb drive XD)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

Indeed, I need to get a new phone also, I still have a Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. I am going to borrow one of my roommates' tablets.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”