Australian Astro Boy (2003) DVD availability?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
RyHerbs
Kokoro Robot

Australian Astro Boy (2003) DVD availability?

Postby RyHerbs » 9 years ago

I've been searching the Internet high and low for the Australian version of the 2003 Astro Boy series, as it's the only english version of the show which was preserved in it's original 16:9 widescreen format and features all 50 episodes in the correct order. I'd prefer to buy the DVD box set but if they've gone completely extinct then a torrent version would be great as well. Does anyone know where to find this? It'd be a HUGE help, thanks in advance! :D

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 9 years ago

You can go for the Korean DVDs too, if you're fine with (official) English subs and Japanese audio.
I'm on Twitter.

SonicRainboomsXD
Kokoro Robot

Postby SonicRainboomsXD » 9 years ago

I never actually knew that the Austrailian DVD's kept the original size and order, that sounds pretty cool. I have spotted the seperate AUS DVD's on Amazon in the past, but I believe they're for a pretty hefty price, if you're willing to spend about... £20.00+ for just one. If you wanted to get the US boxset (which is what I want to get, depsite it obviously being Region 1) and not the Austrailian one, I would be able to link you to it for a cheaper price, but I don't know... If I do ever find the boxset you're searching for, I'll give you the heads up right away! Good luck! :D
:hyo: "When are we ever going to stop fighting each other?!" :astro:

:heart: ~~~~~ :heart:
My Deviantart ~ My YouTube ~ My FanFiction ~

RyHerbs
Kokoro Robot

Postby RyHerbs » 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply! I myself only recently discovered that the Australian release kept the original image size. I was able to locate the volume 1 and 2 DVDs which had the aspect ratio listed as 16:9 widescreen, but together they only make up the first half of the first season, and they'd cost me $20 a piece. Definitely not worth it. If the cropped image (which leaves a lot of scenes looking awkwardly cut off) doesn't bother you the U.S. Box set is the way to go. I myself don't need to purchase it since the entire U.S. version of the series is available on Netflix streaming, which I'm subscribed to. If for some reason you do come across any more of those Australian DVDs though, a simple heads up would be much appreciated! Thanks again.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

I do know of a unofficial Malaysian box set that have subbed all the episodes, but the subbing is shoddy and some episodes are mixed up.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”