2003 Series Gets a New Region 1 DVD Collection

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Being bigger means more publicity, ya know? Of course, I don't know any of us that are big names in any other fandoms; that would help if someone prominent in a more popular/active fandom was also a vocal fan of this series as well. And then there are some people that shouldn't be associated with us at all...
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:And then there are some people that shouldn't be associated with us at all...

I love you too.
I'm on Twitter.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Being bigger means more publicity, ya know? Of course, I don't know any of us that are big names in any other fandoms; that would help if someone prominent in a more popular/active fandom was also a vocal fan of this series as well. And then there are some people that shouldn't be associated with us at all...

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off like I don't want us to be a bigger fandom. I'd love it. I don't mean being a bigger fandom is bad. Just that we may not need to be to seem more active. I don't know, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore... I'm sorry if I'm coming off as pompus or arrogant or something. I'm just terribly depressed at the moment. And once again I feel bad for the things I've said... maybe we should just forget this conversation ever happened. :unsure:
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

...? How would you come off as pompous??? I suppose there are advantages to being smaller; we're not quite as toxic as other fandoms... I didn't mean for you to get upset by anything I said. I though we were just, eh, having a conversation?? Now I'm feeling kinda wrong-footed... I don't really have anything against you. And there's nothing to feel bad about; you haven't said anything egregious in this conversation.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

I don't know, I always feel like I'm saying the wrong thing and looking like some sort of jerk lately :unsure:
there are benefits to being a small fandom. Like the toxic fans you mentioned. I'm also a lot less unlikely to find creepy fan fiction for Astro Boy as I am for certain others like Death Note.
But it does mean feeling very lonely at anime conventions. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm almost always the only one at conventions in Astro Boy shirts, but the fandom is so small I have to make my own shirts because I can't find any for sale :d oh: It got so bad I even considered quitting conventions. Being an Astro Boy fan at an anime convention was starting to remind me of High School when I was surrounded by people listening to rap music while being the only one listening to The Beatles. I didn't look down on them for their choice in music nor do I for their choices in anime, but it does make a guy stand there and think; "What am I doing here? Oh well, maybe that's a blessing. That means less stuff for me to spend my money on :lol:
Really? Thank you. :)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Hoohoohoo, I kinda wanna cosplay the nerd someday, or some version of him, anyway. I know that there's a good likelihood that I won't get recognized (that goes double for if I go as Mars), but it makes it more gratifying when people do know what you're doing. :3

And don't worry, I feel like that a lot of the time. Mostly because I am screwing up in some way. :P

I wouldn't rule out the likelihood of creepy fanfiction, though. :T
lolwut

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Little Brown Fox;234394]And then there are some people that shouldn't be associated with us at all...

I love you too.[/QUOTE]

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:If we could get a hold of Sony's contact information perhaps we could all tell them how wrong they are and how much money they're missing out on.

That's not really possible, though. You can write them something, but they'll dismiss it super fast if it's not something urgent or something that'll get them money, as I've learned from experience. All we can do about this release is just not buy it. (Or, at least only buy it secondhand.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Is that supposed to mean something to me?
lolwut

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Is that supposed to mean something to me?

My .GIF was just a response to how fast F-Man served. I'm just glad you're not writing ambiguous out-of-place whole paragraphs anymore about the people you don't like in the fandom. Like, I'm not even trying to sound catty, I'm just relieved.

Looking at Amazon, I'm finding that the individual 5 DVDs released in 2009 are generally a better price than getting the 2015 DVD set. I'd rather pay $0.01 + $3.49 x 5 to some poor schmucks trying to get rid of their copies than support another half-hearted release. I've even recently received word that the 2015 is even more bare bones than the original 2004 set. :(
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

It's not funny, and it's not really your place to say anything about whatever imagined "progress" I might be making. I'm still angry at you, so it's only natural for me to assume that the animosity is mutual.
lolwut

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”