Why did Astro Boy get taken off YouTube?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Presper
Kokoro Robot

Why did Astro Boy get taken off YouTube?

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

I find it strange, all the Astro Boy episodes have been taken off YouTube. A few weeks ago one could watch all the 104 dubbed episodes of the 1960s series, but they have been taken down. They have been distributed by a channel that got the licenses to do it, so its not copyright. Same with Viki's Tezuka Anime channel, today I tried to find it so I could watch some of Tezuka's other Animes. Though now it just doesn't exist anymore.

Does anyone know whats going on? I can't seem to find anything explaining why they have been all taken down. :(

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

The license for all of Viki's Tezuka anime sadly expired. Not sure what's going on with the 60's series by Manga Entertainment but they do still have 23 episodes left.
I'm on Twitter.

Presper
Kokoro Robot

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

Thank you F-man. This has been bothering me all day.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Hm, Viki's went down for a little while like, a month or a few back; but they came back up the next day. Are they down again? Couldn't they get that renewed? And I hadn't noticed that the 1963 episodes were gone; I had been thinking about watching one of those for forever now (but I haven't actually got around to it as I am a terrible procrastinator oops).

I hope the Viki episodes come back up. They never finished the Jungle Emperor Leo subs. And I never made it through more than one watch-through of all the AB episodes... this sucks.

Edit: While most of the 1963 episodes don't show up in a search individually, the playlist is still there. The 80's series is well and truly gone for now, though. :( They never did finish the English subtitles for Jungle Emperor...

Also, some... weird stuff is showing up on the first page of a search without the buffer. I don't suppose y'all know how to block Youtube users, do you? And does blocking them block everything, including content, or do I need to block that individually? Is it even possible to block anything? I can't imagine it not being possible for users, but what about content? It'd do me at least a little good out of this bad situation to never have to see that thumbnail and be reminded of that incident again. :T

Never mind, I found a way to fix that that seems to work so far~

Still a bit miffed about the whole Viki incident, though...
Last edited by Little Brown Fox on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

On no. I didn't get to watch nearly as much on the channel as I wanted to :( This is what I get for being an easily distracted procrastinator :cry:
If this is the case, then can Viki stop blocking the Canadian dub? >_>

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

They never finished subbing Jungle Emperor... >:T

Is there anyway to get it back? Convince them to renew the license, somehow?
lolwut

AnimeMeraklisiBlogcu
Kokoro Robot

Postby AnimeMeraklisiBlogcu » 8 years ago

I also can't see TezukaAnime channel on Youtube Mobile... :( :tezuka:
Last edited by AnimeMeraklisiBlogcu on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 8 years ago

This is damn depressing, I enjoyed the Japanese versions of the 1980s show AND Black Jack (BJ was removed like a year or 2 ago). Screw copyright, screw ittttttt :'(

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Black Jack was removed because of Anime Sols had it at the time, I believe. Blue Blink might have suffered the same fate, if it had actually gotten anywhere on Anime Sols at the time. :T At least, that is what I surmise.
lolwut

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

Discotek Media should be crowdfunding classic anime on DVD in 3 months from now, so let's hope they carry the torch after Anime Sols for Tezuka anime.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”