DVD special on amazon-jp

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 8 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Bootlegs are done by professionals since years already: they don't sell burnt DVDs anymore. Even if the DVD is professional-looking, the content may still not be legit.

I bought it on eBay, several years back,which does not allow "bootlegs". I don't know what "professionals" you speak of, but because the back was silver like legitimate DVDs; a process which I might add is copyrighted and more expensive than what bootleggers will spend to produce their products, I will contend that what I have is legit.

I :heart: :astro: :)

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=fafner;236165]Bootlegs are done by professionals since years already: they don't sell burnt DVDs anymore. Even if the DVD is professional-looking, the content may still not be legit.

I bought it on eBay, several years back,which does not allow "bootlegs". I don't know what "professionals" you speak of, but because the back was silver like legitimate DVDs; a process which I might add is copyrighted and more expensive than what bootleggers will spend to produce their products, I will contend that what I have is legit.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

Allowed or not, bootlegs are rampant all over eBay. eBay itself is probably the easiest and most common way anyone gets bootlegs nowadays, usually unintentionally but some people just don't know the common tricks (avoiding Region 0 DVDs with exactly the subtitles you need and that aren't listed on YesAsia). Professionally-pressed discs but nonetheless illicit are made by the ton in China and Malaysia to name a few places, and that's probably why you won't even find DVDs from those countries sold on YesAsia.

I'm sorry to say the official releases of Tezuka Osamu 20th Century Last Miracle are Region 2 and 3 locked with no subtitles and what you have is a bootleg.
I'm on Twitter.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 8 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;236207][QUOTE=fafner;236165]Bootlegs are done by professionals since years already: they don't sell burnt DVDs anymore. Even if the DVD is professional-looking, the content may still not be legit.

I :heart: :astro: :) [/QUOTE]

Allowed or not, bootlegs are rampant all over eBay. eBay itself is probably the easiest and most common way anyone gets bootlegs nowadays, usually unintentionally but some people just don't know the common tricks (avoiding Region 0 DVDs with exactly the subtitles you need and that aren't listed on YesAsia). Professionally-pressed discs but nonetheless illicit are made by the ton in China and Malaysia to name a few places, and that's probably why you won't even find DVDs from those countries sold on YesAsia.

I'm sorry to say the official releases of Tezuka Osamu 20th Century Last Miracle are Region 2 and 3 locked with no subtitles and what you have is a bootleg.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry! You are sadly mistaken! I do not own a "bootleg"! Get it! End of story!

I :heart: :astro: :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”