Astro Boy appearing in DEATH BATTLE

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BBally
Metro City Citizen

Astro Boy appearing in DEATH BATTLE

Postby BBally » 8 years ago

http://forums.screwattack.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29713&sid=b1f9247b6caea8b2a2d3058e6cee2821&start=1440

Our favorite robot boy is going to be fighting Megaman in the upcoming Death Battle.

Discuss
Badre El Amir Bally

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

I had heard about this. Never watched a Screwattack Death Battle but I'll probably check it out when it comes out.

I read through some of that forum. Got to page 46. I wasn't quite familiar with some of the lingo cuz this isn't something I'm into but there was some good points on either side. A lot of what I saw seemed to be mainly focused on Megaman though.

I don't know who would win.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 8 years ago

I've seen a couple of these. Thought their Superman vs Goku was good but I have a feeling they're going to give this one to Mega Man but it's really hard to say. Especially since I hear people complain they tend to get details on characters wrong. Mind you, don't really want to see either of them killed XD
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

BBally
Metro City Citizen

"Dragonrider1227" wrote: Especially since I hear people complain they tend to get details on characters wrong.

That's mostly from people who didn't like that their favorite lost. Most of those same people claim that Screwattack have a biased against Anime, which is just some butthurt fanboy garbage as there have been several Death Battles that were won by anime/manga characters.
Last edited by BBally on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badre El Amir Bally

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Badre El Amir Bally

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

That had better be ture :o That's the only reason I am watching at all. I know someone did a knockoff that I never finished watching in which Atom lost...

I don't know much about Megaman, tbh (other than it's one of THOSE platformers, and is considered to be rather difficult even amongst its own kind). But to be fair, what little I do know seems to stack the odds in his favor, no matter what iteration of Atom he's up against. I mean, Atom has some remarkable tenacity, but, idk.

Sometimes these kinds of things are decided by popularity. Idk if these are done that way, but it seems unlikely in this case.
lolwut

BBally
Metro City Citizen

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:
Sometimes these kinds of things are decided by popularity. Idk if these are done that way, but it seems unlikely in this case.

If that was the case then Goku would have won his fight with Superman.
Badre El Amir Bally

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

Hm, idk. The Boy Scout has a lot of fans, I reckon.

While they do certainly fudge their facts, I'm still certainly glad that Atom won. It was fun to watch, as well.

Beware the butt guns...
lolwut

BBally
Metro City Citizen

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:Hm, idk. The Boy Scout has a lot of fans, I reckon.

And hey I'm one of them but most fan fights I've seen between the two ended with people voting for Goku over Superman.
Badre El Amir Bally

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Good video! Obviously, not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome of these videos (especially in this case with Mega Man arguably having a bigger fanbase than Astro Boy), but I thought the outcome made sense. Atom is a pretty tough and durable little guy.

Also, props to Screw Attack for using the Japanese names for the characters, even if they pronounced "Ochanomizu" wrong (they pronounced it Oh-kahn-oh-mee-zoo instead of Oh-chahn-oh-mee-zoo).

As for Goku vs. Superman, I will say that the outcome of that Death Battle made sense to me as well even being a huge fan of Dragon Ball. The other forum I frequently visit, Kanzenshuu (probably the most authoritative Dragon Ball site on the internet) helped by giving facts about Goku to Screw Attack for that Death Battle. I wasn't displeased with the outcome of that video because I know that Superman is incredibly strong, even as Post-Crisis Superman. The only reason people thought Goku would win is because he was the more popular character in the poll BBally mentioned and because he is incredibly strong to the point where he has battled almost evenly with a god. I like Goku and Dragon Ball more than Superman, but I believe Superman would beat Goku in a fight to the death. Just my opinion.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”