I'm Back!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

I'm Back!

Postby Photar » 8 years ago

Sorry guys for my extended absence but school has been extremely hectic leading up to the holiday season. Over here in Australia the kids get seven weeks off due to the fact that it is summer over here at the moment and we are experiencing temperatures of about 100°F. Am ' supervising' my children in the pool while I watch Retro-Toons Astroboy uploads (he's uploaded EVERY episode!). I made sure I downloaded them before they get removed. Anyway I would LOVE your thoughts on something. I'm running a professional development for the teachers at my school on how to create a digital narrative. Basically I will be using a combination of blender scenes from Astro boy PowerPoint and studio maker. The basic premise is a little boy is at his parents' funeral. He goes home and eventually sleeps but when he wakes he notices the world has changed to resemble the one Astroboy inhabits. He himself looks in a mirror and sees staring back at him none other than Astroboy himself. No one else is in the home but the television is playing the news whereby the news-reader is talking about and listing seven robots who have been targeted for destruction by a robot designed and programmed to kill. When he looks harder he notices that he himself is one of the seven but even more interesting is the seventh one (photar) is the spitting image of his father. After learning his new abilities and after Bruton has destroyed everyone except photar and Astro he flies to Australia to warn photar and tell him he IS his father. As compassionate as Photar is he still States to Astro that Robots cannot be fathers only guardians. The discussion goes back and forth with Astro flying away and Photar with his head bowed in sorrow - knowing full well Bruton will kill him. Astro now filled with Fury attacks Bruton with everything he's got but a lucky backhand knocks Astro senseless against a tree and onto the ground. Bruton raises his leg to stomp the life out of Astro when something travelling at insurmountable speed picks him up and carries him a safe distance away. As Astro comes to, he sees its Photar. He says "Daddy?" To which photar smiles and nods - just as Bruton lands in front of Photar with a thud. Photar knows since it's raining he has to get above the clouds. He faces Bruton and shoots upwards at a massive speed until he's above the cloud canopy. Bruton has adopted his windmill form to fly up and Photar stares at the sun and arches his back as his entire body fills with limitless power of the solar energy the sun gives. He then stares down at the clouds and flys vertically downwards at immense speed towards Bruton. As he flies, his body transforms into a fiery golden dragon which (in slow motion) curls around Bruton with his jaws wide open. Astro, who can see what's happening cries "No!" As a blinding light fills the sky and disappears as quickly as it forms. Photar and Bruton are nowhere to be seen. Astro wakes up in his real world looking at the photo of his father whose own death was caused by pushing his don out of the way of a car. He strokes the picture and finally allows himself to smile THE END
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Aww! That's a great story! It's cool how you're using Astro Boy for your presentation :)

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 8 years ago

Thanks Joice :)

Man they're a tough audience here!!!!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”