Official releases/videos

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Official releases/videos

Postby -Nick- » 2 years ago

jeffbert wrote:Any such release on DVD?

Didn’t the older US release have english subs included? Pretty sure it did.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

yes, but it had only 51 eps.

Macboy2000
Kokoro Robot

Postby Macboy2000 » 5 months ago

You're all forgetting about the Astroboy VHS tapes here, but I'll fill you in here for you VHS collectors:

Right Stuf released the 1963 series on VHS a long time ago, but I don't know much about them. You can find them pretty easily on eBay.

Siren Entertainment released the 1980 version in Australia in 1995. I need to get those tapes, but I don't live in the Aussie, nor do I have a multisystem VCR yet, but you can find em on eBay.

Manga Entertainment also released the 1980 version, and the episodes got a pretty good remaster, including the paddded footage to make up for lost time due to cut scenes. That's why I like these releases, they just feel a lot better than the DVD releases here in da states which just use the Japanese cuts.

I've also seen eBay listings of the 2003 series on VHS in Japan.

There's also VHSs of the Japanese versions out there!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 5 months ago

Macboy2000 wrote:Right Stuf released the 1963 series on VHS a long time ago, but I don't know much about them. You can find them pretty easily on eBay.

The Right Stuf tapes came out in 1991 on NTSC VHS. Initially there were 12 tapes, each with 2 episodes in random order. Then they released 6 more tapes, one called "The Lost Episode" and the other 5 were 30th Anniversary tapes. So only 36 episodes in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”