"Mars 2017": Official Jetter Mars Revision (April Fools)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Mars 2017": Official Jetter Mars Revision (April Fools)

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Source: Anime News Network (Site is currently down, so I'll post a link later...)

Toei Animation and Tezuka Productions have finally reached agreements, and a long due revision of the obscure 1970s anime Jetter Mars is set to be released by late 2017.

General production of the cartoon has been outsourced to the US, and current directors include Andrea Fisher, Mikey Strenopolis and Jason Long. The reboot is set to use the entirety of the original Jetter Mars star system, but most stories from its 27 episode run were scrapped in favor of an overarching plot. Certain elements of the canon have been updated to keep up with current trends, such as Hamegg becoming a three headed hydra freak and Yamanoue now being a really tall dwarf (which is around the same height of an average male) who has exceptional skills at the trapeze. In an interview with Strenopolis, it was revealed that half of the narrative for Mars 2017 was schemed up after he and his friends got drunk off diet root beer and held a five hour long conversation with his wall:

"I tell you man, it (the wall) was a great listener. Eventually, I looked at my fridge and-"
He stops briefly to contemplate what led him up to this point.
"I saw it. Boom, a drawing of...uh. That Mars guy in the fridge, Jester Mars, I think Jason was planning to eat it or something."

- The Recalling of a Semi-Iconic Hero: Interviews with Strenopolis

When he was later on asked about how he was able to keep production of the series, which has been going on since early 2013, as hushed as it was he only shrugged his shoulders. When eventually asked about the animation process, he announced:

“I can draw! Er-I think...”

Here's the first official image:

(Click on the spoiler tag to view the image.)

click for spoiler
Mars2017Image.jpg
Mars2017Image.jpg (62.17 KiB) Viewed 2353 times

More details will be listed here when they're made available.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

Oh yeah, I have been hearing about this. ;)
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

gokaiblue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby gokaiblue » 8 years ago

And I thought the Astro Boy reboot looked too western. Lol

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 8 years ago

Looks like two of our moderators have swapped brains for the duration of today's "holiday". (S & EO).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

My goodness, the animation sure looks promising! ;)

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Sounds like a hit to me!

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

Can't wait to see this! So far the changes sound good, Hamegg is definitely in need of some modernization!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Well, now that April Fools is basically done, I'd like to formally say (even though it's blatantly obvious) that this is indeed an April Fools joke. I'd like to give credit to EyeOdyssey, who came up with the idea for this thread. It would look a little suspicious if he posted the thread himself, so since I'm usually the guy to make Astro Boy related announcement threads, I took it upon myself to borrow his draft (with his permission), then post the thread here. I added and changed a couple things to make the post look more believable, but otherwise, EyeOdyssey is responsible for about 98% of this.

I'd love for there to be a Jetter Mars reboot in the future, though I highly doubt it'll ever happen. Jetter Mars does turn 40 next year though, so we'll have to see if anything happens then.

Also, I'm curious to see if anyone noticed the fake link in my signature. It said it would lead to Uran's theme from the 1980 series, but instead, it went to a rickroll. :lol:

Anyway, this was fun to help EyeOdyssey with this! Hopefully the Jetter Mars fans on our forum aren't too upset by this. :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

That is interesting, because when I first posted my post I called it out being an Aprils Fools thread. Then I decided to give it some thought, I thought it would be funnier if I played a long, so I edited my post to what it is now.

Thank you both for the thread!

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I did get rickrolled. Curse you, Shiyonasan!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”