Live Action Astro Boy Movie (Official Upcoming Film)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

It's good to see that the movie is still kicking tho I'm not sure how I feel about the script writers. Based on their IMDb, their movies don't have very good track records. I'm a little worried :\

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

"Uran-chama" wrote:It's good to see that the movie is still kicking tho I'm not sure how I feel about the script writers. Based on their IMDb, their movies don't have very good track records. I'm a little worried :\

I looked at the page for San Andreas, and seeing the mediocre score it garnered, I'm rather inclined to agree. It kind of shows just how much faith that they're willing to put into the project, as well... I sincerely hope that someone better comes along. Or that they somehow manage to write a decent script, for once (though somehow that seems doubtful- but I've not actually seen that film, and do not know of their other works, so maybe I should be giving them the benefit of a doubt?)...
lolwut

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 8 years ago

I can't think of too many casting ideas for the movie at this moment, but I will say this: there HAS to be Japanese people in it. Especially if they're going to keep the Japanese character names. It's just the right thing to do.

For the non-Japanese characters...you know who'd be a great Hamegg? Steve Buscemi. He was pretty much a walking Hamegg as his character in Big Fish:

ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 8 years ago

He's also got that sorta weedy look. I can sort of see it.
lolwut

Fanficlover99
Banned

Postby Fanficlover99 » 8 years ago

here's what i imagined a scene from this film will look like...
check out my DA page
http://doctorwhovian1963.deviantart.com/ :hyo:
you can also check me out on fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/~doctorwhovian63

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I personally think this is literally a situation where we just will not be able to judge it fairly and accurately until we have more information and SEE it; unless we find out that the director is M. Night Shyamalan :eek: in which case I'd be very very apprehensive.

Steve would be PERFECT for the role of Hamegg, omg.

There are a lot of technicalities that are in place that will make this film very difficult to adapt into live action in a respectful and recognizable feature; but I am optimistic it can be done.

YJ_Doodle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby YJ_Doodle » 8 years ago

They better cast Japanese child actors for the roles of Atom and Uran.

Secretsivekept
Metro City Citizen

Postby Secretsivekept » 8 years ago

I actually don't think they'll make Astro a special motion capture effect like Gollum. Astro is supposed to look just like a human child, so they'll probably cast an actual human child to play Astro. (I mean, for the effects yeah, they'll do CG and stuff like the cannons). I have a feeling they're going to take a Pluto-like approach to his features, you know—his hair? Its a bit odd in real life when it's styled like that, so they'll probably do something like Pluto did, with the cowlicks.

That's my take on it anyway.

Fanficlover99
Banned

Postby Fanficlover99 » 8 years ago

let's not forget, how about some original characters, or characters inspired by others, (made for this movie obviously), the 2009 movie had some of that, why not here?
check out my DA page

http://doctorwhovian1963.deviantart.com/ :hyo:

you can also check me out on fanfiction here https://www.fanfiction.net/~doctorwhovian63

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I can see them going full CGI if they had intended a more robotic look for him; a sort of design aesthetic that sorts of meets halfway so it comes off as 'this character is clearly a robot but in this particular world the inhabitants have a hard time distinguishing him from other human children'. It may be a smart move for them as well that way they would not have to worry about cast, and could instead focus on design and voice acting.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”