Astro's first color appearance in Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Astro's first color appearance in Anime

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

We know that the 1980 series was the first time that Atom appeared in color for a full series. But it wasn't his first color appearance on TV.

One episode of the 1963 series was done in color, it was also a pilot for a possible new series that never happened. This episode never aired in color during the initial run of the 1963 series.

Atom appeared in color in a single cel of an episode of Kimba the white lion. He was drawn in the same likeness as he was in the 1963 series. (body height to head ratio). This frame appears in my signature below the message.

He appeared in cameos in several of the Tezuka TV specials that aired before the 1980 series. He and Mustachio are seen 'crossing' themselves after watching a robot blow up in "Bander Book". Someone on this forum has used an animated GIF of this sequence in their avatar.

Atom has a major role in "Marine Express", and he is drawn in similar proportions to the way he will be in the 1980 series.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Tnarrud
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tnarrud » 7 years ago

I will!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 7 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:We know that the 1980 series was the first time that Atom appeared in color for a full series. But it wasn't his first color appearance on TV.

One episode of the 1963 series was done in color, it was also a pilot for a possible new series that never happened. This episode never aired in color during the initial run of the 1963 series.

Atom appeared in color in a single cel of an episode of Kimba the white lion. He was drawn in the same likeness as he was in the 1963 series. (body height to head ratio). This frame appears in my signature below the message.

He appeared in cameos in several of the Tezuka TV specials that aired before the 1980 series. He and Mustachio are seen 'crossing' themselves after watching a robot blow up in "Bander Book". Someone on this forum has used an animated GIF of this sequence in their avatar.

Atom has a major role in "Marine Express", and he is drawn in similar proportions to the way he will be in the 1980 series.

Have you forgotten his appearance in "Astro Boy vs. the Star of the Giants" from 1967?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;240880]We know that the 1980 series was the first time that Atom appeared in color for a full series. But it wasn't his first color appearance on TV.

Have you forgotten his appearance in "Astro Boy vs. the Star of the Giants" from 1967?[/QUOTE]

That anime should be added to the wiki. I've never seen in (wonder if anyone ever posted it on youtube?) Then again it may never have made it to DVD.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 7 years ago

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;241034][QUOTE=Tetsuwan Penguin;240880]We know that the 1980 series was the first time that Atom appeared in color for a full series. But it wasn't his first color appearance on TV.

Have you forgotten his appearance in "Astro Boy vs. the Star of the Giants" from 1967?[/QUOTE]

That anime should be added to the wiki. I've never seen in (wonder if anyone ever posted it on youtube?) Then again it may never have made it to DVD.[/QUOTE]

I think we've had this conversation and again it may not have made it to DVD, unless it was included as an extra on the DVD collection of the series, "Star of the Giants".

I :heart: :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”