Astro Boy: Edge of Time (2017 Tezuka game)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

Pre-registration for Edge of Time is now open. Keep in mind that the game is only available in Japanese.

Source: Qoo News

Qoo News wrote:[Qoo News] Mobile Astro Boy game is now open for pre-registration

Manga Astro Boy’s(鉄腕アトム)mobile spin-off, Astro Boy: Edge of Time(アトム:時空の果て), is now available for pre-registration. The game is made in commemoration of illustrator Osamu Tezuka’s(手塚治虫)90th birthday.

Earlier last year, the game was reported to be open for pre-registration starting from 5th December, yet it was later delayed with no exact date announced. Edge of Time is a trading card game developed by Active Gaming Media. It will consist of a story mode, a 2v2 battle mode and a training mode.

[...]

Pre-registration has to be done through DMM. A DMM account is required to pre-register:

http://dmm.playastroboy.com/

The article also shows a few characters not seen before, including Black Jack, Hyakkimaru (from Dororo), and a girl with short dark hair and a pink shirt (who I'm assuming is Uran):

click for spoilerImage

EDIT: Just got confirmation from the game creators; the girl in that pic is Uran.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Re: Astro Boy: Edge of Time (2017 Tezuka game)

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

Turns out that Astro Boy: Edge of Time will be released in English! It'll will be released on Steam and, best of all, will be free to play. It's not out yet, but it's set to come out sometime this month.

Check out this link for more info:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/54256 ... e_of_Time/

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 6 years ago

Nice! I'll definitely have to give it a try then when it comes out.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Great! :w00t: I've added it to my Steam notifications. I can't say I'm sold on Astro's character design just yet. Looks like a baby's head on Ironman's body. :unsure: But updating art styles is important and as long as they follow Tezuka's message I'm sure it'll be good. My first time with one of these trading card style games so I hope I can get the hang of it. :D

Shiyonasan
Administrator

And we now have a specific date; Astro Boy: Edge of Time launches on Tuesday, June 20th. A new tournament mode is detailed in the article provided in the following link:

http://shinybauble.com/?p=1637

Coralyly13
Kokoro Robot

Postby Coralyly13 » 6 years ago

I don't know what happened to Astro Boy, something he's missing, i dunno why
I'm Coralyly, the legendary robot

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 6 years ago

He's missing the kid feel imo. His body is too toned/muscular for his baby face.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

It's been released on Steam so I tried it out. What a great game! Beautiful art and music. I'm really enjoying the story mode. There's an in-game shop where you can buy booster packs and rare cards, but you can also earn plenty by winning matches and even just from consecutive daily log-ins (so get it loaded up asap!). Feels like a nicely balanced economy that isn't purely pay to win, but you can drop a few dollars on it to skip some of the grinding if you like.

It's my first time playing a battle cards type game and I'm finding the learning curve really nice. I haven't lost a battle yet, but I've had some challenges. I've even built my first deck with a few good cards that seem to combine well. So don't worry about the game being too difficult to get in to.

Anyone know what the subscription payments do in the shop?

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Just installed the game today and it's actually not too bad.

I'm not one much for card games, but I like how easy it is to learn the rules of the card game in Edge of Time. As DrFrag said, the learning curve is really nice.

I also like that the game isn't purely pay-to-win. It seems you can probably beat the story mode without spending a dime, which gains my stamp of approval.

I'm mainly playing through this game for the story mode, and the story has been interesting so far. It's an interesting and unique way to bring the Tezuka Star System characters together. The way a lot of the characters are depicted are nice too, especially Uran's character design.

I do wish I could figure out how to add friends through the game though. I'd rather not spend any money to add people on there like Steam requires so I can try out some online matches with them, but it doesn't seem possible. :(

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I tried some online matches and got absolutely stomped. :lol: I won 1 game out of the 7 or 8 I played. I'm doing okay in the story mode though.

I think if your Steam level is too low to add friends you can still be added by other people. Maybe I could try adding you?

My account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorFrag/ and my profile name is DrFrag if anyone wants to add me. But perhaps let me know first (unless your account has Astro on it or something) because I tend to ignore friend requests from people I don't recognise. I've had to deal with a lot of scammers. :shifty:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”