Have we seen the last of traditional Astro Boy anime series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 7 years ago

"Sandi Two" wrote:[QUOTE=Juanita;242528]Have the other ones (besides Little Astro) come out yet?

Currently there's no other AB series that have come out.

The Reboot series will be released in 2018, correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

That is most likely correct based on the information here:

http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8866&page=65

However, Shibuya Productions hasn't formally announced a release year or date at this point, so 2018 isn't a guarantee at this point -- just highly probable.

Also, as F-Man pointed out, MAGIC 2017 is this Saturday, so we'll probably get some sort of new news on Astro Boy Reboot then. It looks like any new news we'll get will be pretty scant though, with the most likely news being the announcement of broadcasters:

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/821993291789062144

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

"Juanita" wrote:Have the other ones (besides Little Astro) come out yet?

As Sandi said, none of the the others have come out yet. However, I thought I'd mention that Atom: The Beginning is also a manga, which has had some volumes released. My details on that are a bit fuzzy, though, as I have yet to obtain any of them. There's a thread about it, though. :)

"Sandi Two" wrote:I would love to see the new AB series with the traditional look (though it does not have to keep the original plot).

I was thinking something like this; another variation of the traditional style. Similar to how the '60's, '80's, and '03 series had their minor visual differences, but had the same overall look (ignoring the obvious switch from grayscale to color :lol :) , originating from the manga. I've found it interesting to see new interpretations of the same style. :)
Putting all the info together that was mentioned in this thread, I do feel a little more confident that they'll make another series with the traditional look, given that ABR isn't necessarily the next series in the 20-year pattern.
In terms of plot, I feel open to some some new ideas as well, as long as the origin story is intact, like it seems to have been in every iteration so far. :)

As a side note, Sandi, I just thought I'd point this out since you said that you want to improve your English:
"Sandi Two" wrote:My rest opinion is similar to Kitty Lue's comment below

A more correct way to say this would be: "The rest of my opinion is similar to Kitty Lue's comment below"
The reason for this is because "My rest opinion" seems like it means "My opinion about resting/relaxing".
"The rest of" has a more specific meaning of "The remaining part of". In this case, it would be the remaining part of your opinion.

I hope this helps, and that it's not too confusing. I wanted to explain why the wording was unclear so that it could be helpful for future reference. :)

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 7 years ago

"Kitty Lue" wrote: However, I thought I'd mention that Atom: The Beginning is also a manga, which has had some volumes released. My details on that are a bit fuzzy, though, as I have yet to obtain any of them. There's a thread about it, though. :)

I think I have forgotten the Atom: The Beginning anime. :lol:

"Kitty Lue" wrote:A more correct way to say this would be: "The rest of my opinion is similar to Kitty Lue's comment below"
The reason for this is because "My rest opinion" seems like it means "My opinion about resting/relaxing".
"The rest of" has a more specific meaning of "The remaining part of". In this case, it would be the remaining part of your opinion.

My apology. I appreciate your help, Kitty, thank you. :)
Last edited by AstroAllies on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

"Sandi Two" wrote:My apology. I appreciate your help, Kitty, thank you. :)

Oh it's fine, your post was still easily understandable. :) It didn't bother me (I'm pretty sure I make typos that cause a similar problem quite often :lol :) , I just wanted to write an explanation with the correction because I know that I learn from a mistake more easily if I actually know why it was a mistake.
No problem. :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”