We're baaaaaack!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Re: We're baaaaaack!

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

You can, but only for 24 hours, then the option expires for that post.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroAllies » 6 years ago

jeffbert wrote:On a separate subject, on the old system, only mods could edit posts after 24 hours. As an ex-mod, I recall there was a good reason for that restriction.

I guess I haven't read this before. Now I understand. My bad. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

I don't think this happens on PC, but it's a bit of an issue on mobile. When viewing the forum with the screen turned horizontally, images that are narrower than the horizontal width seem to be resized to larger than their original size so that they fill the entire horizontal space. I noticed this yesterday because I took a vertical screenshot on my phone in order to fit more text on the screen. When viewing the image on the same device it was taken with, but with the screen turned horizontally, it looks like this:
Screenshot_2017-06-12-10-09-32.png
Screenshot_2017-06-12-10-09-32.png (92.8 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

It's generally not a problem with images that are wider than they are tall, but it makes images like this example annoying to view.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

Sandi Two wrote:
jeffbert wrote:On a separate subject, on the old system, only mods could edit posts after 24 hours. As an ex-mod, I recall there was a good reason for that restriction.

I guess I haven't read this before. Now I understand. My bad. :)

It's to prevent users from going back and deleting/editing their posts when they decide to leave the forum. It helps keep the flow of conversation in threads.

EDIT:
Kitty Lue wrote:I don't think this happens on PC, but it's a bit of an issue on mobile. When viewing the forum with the screen turned horizontally, images that are narrower than the horizontal width seem to be resized to larger than their original size so that they fill the entire horizontal space. I noticed this yesterday because I took a vertical screenshot on my phone in order to fit more text on the screen. When viewing the image on the same device it was taken with, but with the screen turned horizontally, it looks like this:
Screenshot_2017-06-12-10-09-32.png
It's generally not a problem with images that are wider than they are tall, but it makes images like this example annoying to view.

That might be a general phpBB thing that would require forum software mods (not the people forum mods :P) to edit. I think it works well if you want to zoom in on an image without double tapping the screen. Mark should provide a good answer for this.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Shiyonasan wrote:That might be a general phpBB thing that would require forum software mods (not the people forum mods :P) to edit. I think it works well if you want to zoom in on an image without double tapping the screen. Mark should provide a good answer for this.

Ah, another thing I can't decide if I like or dislike about phpBB. xD
Up until this point I had assumed that the image zoom capped at full-size, since that's generally where normal zoom caps on PC, but I guess mobile devices do tend to have smaller pixels than computer monitors do. So I guess that extended zoom makes the display more accessible to people who don't have perfect vision at a close range. I probably overlooked that since tiny screens make me feel a bit claustrophobic when they don't display everything tiny as well. :lol:
(Gotta have those forum software moderators... I mean modifications. :P)

EDIT: I noticed this when getting on the forum from a different computer from usual, before I had logged in:
attachment.png
attachment.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 2926 times

I didn't realize guests don't have permission to view attached images. Is this intentional?

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 6 years ago

Kitty Lue wrote:I didn't realize guests don't have permission to view attached images. Is this intentional?

Nope, it was not. Guests can now view attachments.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

I noticed recently that the link in the Forum Rules thread that's supposed to lead to the forum rules leads to the FAQ page instead, and there doesn't seem to be a list of rules anywhere on the page.
I can't recall for sure, but I seem to remember seeing some list of rules for the public forums when they were on vBulletin.
I came to notice this because of a thread that had to be edited recently which might not have been posted where it was if the rules were easily accessible, but it seems that the only actual set of rules I've been able to find on this version of the forums was the set of rules specifically for the Fan Creations section, since those were written out in the post itself rather than linked to. I'm wondering if the link for the forum rules somehow got switched with the link for the FAQ when moving over to phpBB. It seems odd, but then again I did notice in the past that every instance of :doh: that came from vBulletin seems to have been replaced with :d oh: on phpBB, so it's possible.
Or maybe the rules and FAQ used to be on the same page? I don't remember. :unsure: But if that's the case, maybe it is the original link, but the FAQ page no longer contains the forum rules.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”