We're baaaaaack!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: We're baaaaaack!

Postby jeffbert » 6 years ago

:lol: Thanks for restoring the forum, Mark! My one critique is about the colors, poor contrast between text and background. :shifty:

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 6 years ago

I actually don't mind the new look that much (needs some pics tho). It's also not laid out as well, but I assume that will be fixed later.I think a cool thing to try when the Astro pics are added would be that thing where the background is fixed, but the posts scroll through. Like have some characters that stay fixed on the sides. Just a suggestion.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

OK, I think I found a problem. Whenever I click on a thread from the top level, I'm taken to the FIRST post in the thread, not the current one (which is how the OLD forum worked). Actually, I think the old setup remembered (maybe via cookies) where I last was the last time I visited the thread.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

Whoa I'm so weirded out by this new setup :lol: It definitely has a more modern look, and going with that it's probably more suited to the 16x9 aspect ratio than the 4x3 ratio now, which is a bit of a loss for me with my old CRT monitor. :lol: Right now I'm just glad the forums are back online, though. :w00t:
And I noticed that "spoiler" is now a button! Although I had memorized how to make spoilers, I know there were several who didn't know how to use them so I can see that being very helpful. :D
And that automatic spacing on smileys when clicked rather than typed is going to take some getting used to as well. xD

Gonna go take some time now to familiarize myself with the new setup and stuff because I've very disoriented right now. xD
...and because I just discovered there were actually more posts in the thread than I thought there were, which made a previous part of my post irrelevant. Whatever changes stay will definitely take some getting used to, but I'm glad to hear that the forums are going to look as much as possible like they did before going offline. :)
(Right now I'm really missing the old color scheme, it was much easier on my eyes than white :lol:)

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 6 years ago

I agree about the color scheme. Darker is always easier on the eyes. The smilies need some fixing too. Some of the new ones are interesting to say the least :(

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Some of the new ones are interesting to say the least :(

Very interesting xDDD I was very surprised to find that :( is apparently "sad." :lol:
I prefer the old :lol: face as well, but maybe right now I just prefer everything about the old forums because all of the change comes as a bit of a shock. At least we have :astro: still :DDD
And :ocha: isn't hidden anymore :P

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:OK, I think I found a problem. Whenever I click on a thread from the top level, I'm taken to the FIRST post in the thread, not the current one (which is how the OLD forum worked). Actually, I think the old setup remembered (maybe via cookies) where I last was the last time I visited the thread.

It looks like we can click the circle icon with horizontal lines to go to the newest unread post.

New forum has strak stork strikethrough!

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

I think I found a problem; out of curiosity about the survival of various images, I visited my art thread to test for broken links since I know I'd used 4 different methods of posting images there. Sure enough, there were broken links, all of which I had ensured worked properly on the VBulletin version of the forums.

• All attachments worked properly.
  • Some links from Photobucket and Discord were broken, but not all of them.
  • All Google Drive links worked properly.
Upon testing the broken links here, I found that the same links display fine here, but are still broken in my art thread. I even copied and pasted the links with their image tags still attached straight from my art thread. :confused:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

Kitty Lue wrote:I think I found a problem; out of curiosity about the survival of various images, I visited my art thread to test for broken links since I know I'd used 4 different methods of posting images there. Sure enough, there were broken links, all of which I had ensured worked properly on the VBulletin version of the forums.

• All attachments worked properly.
  • Some links from Photobucket and Discord were broken, but not all of them.
  • All Google Drive links worked properly.
Upon testing the broken links here, I found that the same links display fine here, but are still broken in my art thread. I even copied and pasted the links with their image tags still attached straight from my art thread. :confused:

I found an odd fix for that; the same issue happened in my threads, and all I had to do to fix it was go into edit mode for my posts, click preview, don't change anything, and then click save. The broken links fixed themselves.

If you have any specific posts you'd like me to fix with images in them, let me know, and I'll fix them for you. Due to the editing time limit on posts for normal members, only mods and admins can adjust the posts, so I'll take care of it.

EDIT: Just fixed any broken links in your art thread, Kitty Lue. For anyone else who needs broken links fixed in their threads, let me know.

Also, there is something new with attached images on here: you'll see some text below those images. That's normal.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

I've noticed that my avaitar, which worked OK against the darker background we had before, lacks the 'pop' against the lighter background we have now.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”