New Tintin movie

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

New Tintin movie

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I think Tintin is not too well known in the US, but I can't be the only one here who's getting curious about Spielberg's Tintin movie. :D I want to see that movie as much as I wanted to see the 2009 Astro movie!

I've learned to read with Tintin, and I find so many similarities between Astro and Tintin - both fearless, generous, forgiving... even too human to be human, in a way. Of course, both are surrounded by very colorful characters! :D Astro lost his original father, Tintin has no family...

In fact by analyzing Tintin's albums, a psychoanalysist guessed that Hergé was suffering from having not been recognized by his father, and it was only a few years later that it was finally known that he had been right. I've wondered lately if Tezuka had had similar issues. Of course, orphans in animes have been quite common anyway.

So, who will see it? It's already released in Europe. The release date for the US is only at about Christmas time, but there is talk that in my area we could get to see it a little bit before that! :D

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

OMG!! I can't wait to see this!!

First, I must point out . . . please note he's got an Astro-spike!! Something about spikey haired guys, huh?

Next, I remember seeing Tintin cartoons as a kid and loving them, but it seems they weren't around that long (shorter than Astro, if I remember correctly).

This looks fabulous Astro Forever, it's super-realistic CGI. Thanks for posting the link!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astro Forever
Administrator

"AprilSeven" wrote:First, I must point out . . . please note he's got an Astro-spike!! Something about spikey haired guys, huh?

Ohhhh, it had never occured to me! :lol: Good one! :w00t:

They also both have a dog, and there is the scientific part... I mean Tintin walked on the moon before Astro did, right? :p Oh wait, I've just remembered this... It was so much fun to create, and that's when I realized that Tintin and Astro had brought similar feelings to me.

I had read that the books hadn't been released in the US. :cry: But I'm glad to know there were cartoons, at least! :D

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

I cant wait to see it!!!!!!! I have read some comics what a close friend give me amd I really loved it! And I'll be watching it Coz my younger sibling b-day on Bonfire Night and we're gonna go and see it!! :lol:
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 12 years ago

I saw the trailer last saturday when I whent to the movies. As soon as I saw the flipped up orange fringe and the dog, I knew it was Tin Tin...

I guess the movie makers want to desperatly make money out of anything of a comic now. So they got to the best known first (Marvel) then Astro and now Tin Tin.
It seems like it won't be a silly remake this time though -I can't wait to see it.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Oh my gosh, I didn't know about this movie. I used to love the Tintin cartoon, but I don't remember much about it now.

The movie looks really entertaining and fun. The 3D surprised me, at first I thought it was live action.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

This is the movie I'm most looking forward to just behind Evangelion 3.0 and Pluto... I'm a bit jealous actually at all the respect Spielberg is giving Tintin, this is everything the Astro Boy movie should've been.
I'm on Twitter.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

yeah, it is unfair why should Tintin get all the adventure and then Astro doesn't.
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

I've seen this film, it's reaaaaaaaaally good and the animation is incredible! o____o

Astro Forever
Administrator

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :w00t: Thank you!!! :heart: I want to see it!!! :w00t: :w00t: I'm so glad to read that!!! :D

I still have to wait, it's still not available here...

Return to “General Discussion”