Off topic discussion.
Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

Welcome to the forums :D

Saruta
Metro City Citizen

Postby Saruta » 12 years ago

"AstroBoy03" wrote:welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

I actually wonder about your nick and avatar - the nick says Astro Boy 03 but the avatar is Astro Boy 1963 ;)

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

"Saruta" wrote:[QUOTE=AstroBoy03;178247]welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

I actually wonder about your nick and avatar - the nick says Astro Boy 03 but the avatar is Astro Boy 1963 ;) [/QUOTE]

i know.
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Welcome, Saruta!

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

Welcome to the forums Saruta :) !

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Welcome Saruta! :)

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

Hi,

I guess I don't know what to cover here. :unsure:

A part of me is nervous since I've been browsing the forums and reading the topics for around a month. When I even signed up for my account, I actually wanted the date to be for September 30th, but ended up with the 29th. I got really worked up at the time that my join date is the 29th instead of the 30th (I knew about the forum for about a month). But anyhow, I wanted to make use of my account for even keeping track of my threads since I don't have a regular computer to access the internet, so I couldn't just bookmark them on there.

I want to reply to many topics, in which case a moderator might come after me for flooding the board with too much posting, or in trouble for bringing up an old topic. I'll get "On Trial" or "On Probation" under my username. :eek: A part of me held back since I wanted or felt that I should post here first. Maybe because I'm less likely to get my first post message deleted or edited? :lol: :D

And also, I guess for my sake, I don't want to have my life or friends just on the internet or this forum. Or I want to draw the line at "Oh, I just met you yesterday [via this forum] but I want to meet you at 123 Cafe at 3 am! :w00t: " I was on another forum a long time ago and it was a good one, but I just found I was pouring too much of my life or myself on there. After reading the 2003 Astroboy manga, I wonder if I'm like Tenma at the end. :cry: :o hmy: :unsure: In which case since I'm on the topic, I will mention there should be a Tenma Needs a Hug fanclub, especially since I saw a thread that said this scene was cut from the English dub. There's a Clef Needs a Hug fanclub for a side character for Magic Knight Rayearth, so why not Tenma? ;) I think there are people like Tenma (and me) that like the show Astroboy, although they don't have their love for him on their sleeves, so to speak.

Oh yeah, and there might be me being angry if someone else decides Astro is gay. And not by that person just saying that for insulting reasons. (Out of curiosity, were there ever posts like that marked "spam/spammers" and deleted?). I don't want to clarify on that first sentence since either way I sway, there could be someone that has issue with that, either a gay tolerance or intolerance.

And I was reminded of by making my introduction of Dr. Gregory House's speech in Occam's Razor, that was even used to promote the show on TV. I think I give off a similar vibe.

http://www.housemdquotes.com/103_occams_razor.html

House: "Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg". I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning."
Cuddy: "Short, sweet, grab a file."
House: "This ray of sunshine is Doctor Lisa Cuddy. Doctor Cuddy runs this whole hospital, so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a board ... certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will.
That is true, isn't it? (to Cuddy)
But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem...but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?"

I tried looking for the speech under the episode title, but there appeared to be only videos that say "Go to [this link]" and then says in order to access the episodes to take a survey. In fact, this is the same issue that I had trying to find Astroboy 2003 eps there, when bittorrent and other sources left me wanting. :mad: The closest I could find was this, although the speech is broken up, with the last bit not covered in the quote, plus there's music that can make it hard to hear. And towards the end of it there's male gawking at a woman in her bra, but there's no forum rule again that, that I know of. ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPex1HU3co

Oh yeah, and with more comparisons, I see Tenma and House as similar in the loner-plus-genius group. Anyone else fans of both shows and sees this, or even just agrees?

And while checking this post, the Post Icons under the advanced post options are screwed up. The yellow thumbs up has a yellow caption of "thumbs down" and the red thumbs down has a yellow caption of "thumbs up". Maybe that can't be fixed if the forums are made by vBulletin?

Anyhow, if I get in trouble somehow for this post (look how much I wrote, and this probably will be a regular occurrence), I could always disappear to another part of the internet, like how I did when I looked for House's speech and got distracted. :lol: :D Just so I don't take myself or things too seriously.

Now to hit send... :eek:

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

W3lC0m3 ;)

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

@Novi; :lol: whats with the number letters :lol: . Welcome to the forums

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Welcome, Takiko. I was extremely nervous when I first joined too, but this forum is a very nice place. Anyways, nice to meet you.

Return to “General Discussion”