How tall are you?

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Looks like I'm the tallest so far in this thread!

I am currently 5' 10", or about 178 cm. I actually got commented today on my height by someone I haven't seen in about six and a half years. I hit a growth spurt when I was 13 or 14 and haven't grown that much since; probably only about an inch.

Also, wow, you are pretty tall GLAB. Never would have guessed. :eek:

EDIT: If anyone wants to know how tall they are in centimeters or vice-versa, go here:

http://www.teaching-english-in-japan.net/conversion/feet_inches
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I don't know if I recall correctly, but I think I read that girls stop growing not long after reaching puberty, so sometimes a taller girl at 10 can end up a few years later shorter than others she used to be taller than.

That obviously doesn't mean that all the shortest women hit puberty before the others and vice-versa, but sometimes it can explain why some girls don't end up growing as much as it looked like they would.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

I didn't know that. That is very interesting, Astro Forever. :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Wow, that's interesting, Astro Forever, and would explain what happened to ME!! I had always been one of the tallest kids in my class. Then I hit puberty at about 10 1/2 and stopped growing (and pretty much everyone else kept on growing!!)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I would say that you couldn't be a better example, April! :lol:

Now that I think of it, I recall how I heard of that first; there was a girl on my street who was very very short, but the doctor told her she wouldn't hit puberty until age 17 or 18 for some medical reason I don't remember, and that it would give her a chance to keep growing. She must have reached a good 5'4", which was good for her.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

5'6"
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:I don't know if I recall correctly, but I think I read that girls stop growing not long after reaching puberty, so sometimes a taller girl at 10 can end up a few years later shorter than others she used to be taller than.

That obviously doesn't mean that all the shortest women hit puberty before the others and vice-versa, but sometimes it can explain why some girls don't end up growing as much as it looked like they would.

That's bizzare, I've never heard of that before. I do know woman go through puberty first which is why at one point most girls will often be taller than boys, and then in the teens suddenly the men just go swoosh! O.O and are 10 feet tall!

But I still think height can also depend on your genetic make-up and lifestyle. Whatever it is, I do I know for a fact I was still growing towards the end of my teens. :eek:

And April I'm buying you some magic beans! Nom nom em up and you'll be a giant! :lol:

SpaceCookie
Banned

Postby SpaceCookie » 12 years ago

Last time I was measured at the doctors...it came out to be about 5 feet 7 inches. I'm 21..so...I'm guessing that's not out of the ordinary is it?

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Looks like I'm the tallest so far in this thread

Sorry to rain on your parade :d evil:, but I am 6'1" and I'm 16 and still growing :D . I grew a bit after the summer and I hope to continue to grow.
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Looks like I'm the tallest so far in this thread!

I am currently 5' 10", or about 178 cm. I actually got commented today on my height by someone I haven't seen in about six and a half years. I hit a growth spurt when I was 13 or 14 and haven't grown that much since; probably only about an inch.

Also, wow, you are pretty tall GLAB. Never would have guessed. :eek:

:lol: Really? :lol: Your pretty tall too, I also never would have guessed you were that tall :lol: @AB2866; :o hmy: :lol: Your tall!

Return to “General Discussion”