Obsessive-Complusive Disorder

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

My uncle on my mother's side has OCD; he will take forever just to put a fork in the dishwasher. Granted, he wants to keep fats out of the septic system, but he wipes the tines, looks at the fork again, & repeats.

As for me, I do have a few things that may seem obsessive, at least to a point. & I do insist on the roll being such, that if there were a cat in the house, the paper would be all over the floor. :lol:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 11 years ago

Completely and horribly OCD here.
I have little ticks. Every day. All the time. Right now.
:cry:
Last edited by I-Am-Atom's-Sister on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:Being meticulous about things is more of a gift than a disease, believe me! :lol:

I agree with you. Being meticulousness does have its merits. I, for one, am glad that I keep my stuff organized.

As you said, OCD is different for each person, so it's interesting to compare everybody's habits to one another.

"Novacain" wrote:Checking - The man that would literally be hours late for work because on the commute there he would convince himself that he had run over a person and had to turn around and check, just to satisfy and put the thought to rest. Sometimes more than once in a drive. He even knew it wasn't logical, 'cause anyone knows that if you hit something with a vehicle, you're gonna feel it, but his mind controlled him that much.

I forgot to mention this one in my initial post. Checking is probably my worst obsessive-compulsive habit. I will sometimes lock my car, check the car door to see if it's locked, walk a few feet away from my car, then go back to check if the door is locked again. I do the same thing when I turn off the lights in a room. Fortunately, I don't do it all the time, but it's very frustrating when I do end up doing it. :d oh:

Return to “General Discussion”