New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
Tobietta
Kokoro Robot

Re: New members, please introduce yourselves here

Postby Tobietta » 1 year ago

Yes, I know that there is a virtual visit to the museum online ... Obviously I have visualized it! ;) I fell in love with the bar dedicated to Kimba the White Lion !! I saw that there is also a shop inside. Have you bought anything in particular? Is there a book dedicated to the museum? I am obsessed with books!

Tobietta
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tobietta » 1 year ago

Bluebell1995 wrote:
Tobietta wrote:
Bluebell1995 wrote:[Fan fiction is an often-misunderstood genre. Some people stereotype all fanfic as being ''self-insert romance with poor writing'' - that is a gross simplification; there is good fanfic and bad fanfic, not all of it contains romance. Mine doesn't - I prefer writing about strong platonic friendships.

Some fanfics are set in the ''world'' of the original work, for example, a Harry Potter fan writes about Harry and Ron chit-chatting and having fun during school break; or a Star Wars fan speculates on Darth Vader's childhood - without contradicting the real Star Wars movies.

Other fanfics ''re-invent'' the original storyline. For example, a Spider-Man fanfic in which Peter Parker was born a girl instead, and grew up in the foster system (I've actually read one like this). How would this New Yorker gal adjust to her new superpowers, and how might her gender and upbringing impact her view on justice and crime-fighting? (This kind of fanfic is known as AU - Alternative Universe - because it changes established facts from the original work. But ideally, an AU story stays true to the ''spirit'' of the original. Female Peter Parker would still be a champion of justice and focused on crime-fighting, so it would be silly for an author to only focus on her romantic life - not to mention, very sexist.)

My own Astro Boy fan fiction falls into the AU category because the ''world'' I created is a blend of different adaptations - namely the 1980s anime, 2003 anime, 2009 film, and PLUTO by Naoki Urasawa. (There are also references to the original manga if you look close enough). I re-envisoned Metro City as an ''ordinary Japanese city with a burgeoning AI tech industry'', instead of the futuristic wonderland seen in most adaptations. In other words, my version of Astro Boy lives in a more ''realistic'' 21st century world. AI robots aren't common yet, so Astro is among the first of his kind.

It's different from what we've seen on TV so far, but I think my idea has potential.

WOW!! Thank you for enlightening me on this subject which was quite unknown to me. Your story intertwining both the past (80s) and the future of Astro (2009) sounds very interesting. I understand that your fan fiction is really very linked and faithful to the world invented by Osamu Tezuka. For example, I'm very attached to the original stories, so total upsets don't drive me crazy. Glad to hear that you also considered the original manga. Everything started from there and it is right to refer to it too.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 1 year ago

Tobietta wrote:Yes, I know that there is a virtual visit to the museum online ... Obviously I have visualized it! ;) I fell in love with the bar dedicated to Kimba the White Lion !! I saw that there is also a shop inside. Have you bought anything in particular? Is there a book dedicated to the museum? I am obsessed with books!

I did buy a few merchandise things from the museum.

I checked and there is some books for the museum, but they were made back in the 1990s.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 1 year ago

I've also used Google Earth (google maps) to find the museum, and then was able to walk into it from the street view. Only part of the museum was actually on line, but most of the lower level was.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

maritimoid
Kokoro Robot

Postby maritimoid » 1 year ago

Hi! I'm Yaffa, and I'm a relatively new Astro Boy fan, but I've already become very passionate about it! I would die and kill for Uran... :heart:
What's up! I'm Yaffa!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 11 months ago

Hi Yaffa! Great to have you here. :D :astro:

Sonica-18
Kokoro Robot

Hi hi

Postby Sonica-18 » 6 months ago

Hello very good morning, afternoon or evening

I know I've arrived very late, but I also hope to meet someone while I'm here,

I come looking for a role, about AstroBoy if anyone likes it here is my discord #sonica2261 :astro:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 months ago

Hi Sonica-18, welcome! :D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 6 months ago

Wow, been a very long time since I have seen you around DrFrag.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 5 months ago

I'm here every day, but maybe not much in the next two weeks as I've just boarded a plane to Japan. :w00t: :tezuka: :tenma: :astro: :ocha:

Return to “General Discussion”