Animax

Off topic discussion.
adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 20 years ago

Does any body in here knows about the channel Animax? It's available here in asia and I don't know about on other parts of the world. It airs the nicest version of Astroboy: in japanese but the subtitle is cool.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

Wow. I wish I had a channel like that.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 20 years ago

Yeah, I want a channel like that too. We just get some crap dubbed Atom and really crappy techno music.

adrian _68
Robot President

Animax was airing the nice japanese version last month and they really did a great job promoting astro you know they feature original music videos from the themes "true Blue", "Boy's Heart(ending theme) and "Now or Never" (the second opening theme) but unfortunately they only air Astro Three times a day, Sunday to Tuesday but to cover up with that, they air Episodes a day!!! But this was way back last month now that Astro 2003 is finished they did air again the replay but dubbed in the crappy english version ROcketball is trying to tell me. I hate the dubbing because the image of astro as a gentle robot disappered because his dialouges are spunky rather than gentle!!! Uran's voice sounds very uncool and took off the air of cuteness around her which i feel everytime she comes out of the japanese version because the voice of Uran in that version is cute and appropriate. They also edited the background music in the english version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The BGM of the 2003 Astro is a great factor in the anime which makes me enjoy it and heck, they removed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well anyway that's all.

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 20 years ago

Animax is owned by Jade Dynasty in hong kong, isn't it?

i heard they were going to air Fullmetal Alchemist very soon.

adrian _68
Robot President

Originally posted by tinlunlau@Aug 17 2004, 03:02 PM
Animax is owned by Jade Dynasty in hong kong, isn't it?

i heard they were going to air Fullmetal Alchemist very soon.

Dunno about that. I hope they will be able to air either Astro 60's or 80's

Return to “General Discussion”