Anyone flooded in Queensland ?

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I don't know what to say, but I am glad our Australian members are okay, and I feel for those who are affected by this. I only went through one difficult wheather related problem in my life, that was nowhere near as bad as this, and even though I knew my life would go back to normal, it still brought stress.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

Heard that's been pretty bad down there. :C Hope everyone can get any help they need quickly. I remember when it flooded down in Austin. Fwwwoooo, that was terrible to drive in! Still, that's nothing compared to what's going on there.

When my house flooded, I had to wear wet, dirty clothes for three days since our washer and dryer were full of water and dirt. :c You never realize how much you enjoy dry, clean socks until you don't have them.

Here Mighty Astro, have my socks! *hands socks*
*dust*

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

Queensland is now cleaning up after the floods; the waters finally are starting to recede. Not much good news for those in Melbourne (which is on the southern part of Australia) though, now they are on flood alert.

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 13 years ago

Thank you Tawashi Bus Hat for the lovely pair of socks.

Things are starting to really dry up around my city but I'm sorry to hear the flood's spreading all over the rest of Australia. :( Androids I hope you and anyone else from Australia will be safe.

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

Thanks again guys. You're the best
[sigpic][/sigpic]

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

Last edited by cybotron on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I know.

Haiti went first, then two-thirds of Pakistan and now Australia has been hit hard. This has affected a lot of people, I wonder whats going on :( :unsure:

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

Unfortunately also the majority of people arent insured. Not by any specific choice, its just when they signed up they didnt read the fine print about flood cover not being automatically a part of the insurance. Also dont think Australians (even though I am one) are all smiles and sunshine. A large portion are whinging that people who did not have insurance are not entitled to any sort of handout whatsoever. That of course is a two-sided story. I guarantee you if you were to meet any of the families of these so-called 'insurance-dodgers' you'd change your sentiment. Unfortunately its a situation that has repeated itself in Australia before (the Victorian bushfires). Its going to be a massive cleanup thats for sure. However we really shouldnt forgeth the people in Brazil either.........theyve got a death toll 35 times that of Oz's.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

So what you are saying is that vast portions of Australia are utterly destroyed by Tempests Rain and atmospheric anomaly? Climatic disruption. :ninja:
Geeeeee...
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

PRAY everyone and MIGHTY ASTRO will be alright- love you all

Return to “General Discussion”