Obscure Anime You Should Watch

Off topic discussion.
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I wouldn't really say Captain Harlock is obscure, but it could use some more views.

It's still on a level of mild unknown that requires you have to explain it to some people, let alone the 2002 series. Most of the time, people think of the Harmony Gold dubbed version from 1983 when Harlock is brought up.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

The old Harlock series recently came out on French DVD in Canada, and I had to hiss at the description in an ad that said "The complete series in French for enthusiasts, plus 2 episodes in the original Japanese with subtitles for the curious!"

They also said it was in 3D which seems to be BS.
I'm on Twitter.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I wouldn't really say Captain Harlock is obscure, but it could use some more views.

But this series is. I mean, I knew about Captain Harlock (named "Capitaine Albator" in my country). I even know since a few years that there was actually 2 series separated by a few years (which wreaked havoc in my mind at the time because I was too young to understand the break of continuity). However I had never heard about the 2002 one.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”