restore your router's factory default settings!

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

restore your router's factory default settings!

Postby jeffbert » 5 years ago

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/the-fbi-says-you-should-reboot-your-router-should-you-explainer/ warns of attacks on certain routers!

While my router was NOT on the list, I restored it anyway. need to check this page to see if that is enough. Sure glad I made a couple of restore settings files on a pair on flash drives. Very easy to reload my settings. :P No firmware updates were available; maybe I will double check!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Re: restore your router's factory default settings!

Postby fafner » 5 years ago

In a general way, your router should never be accessible from the outside, which is tricky to check as we always are inside the network :-P

Sorry jeffbert, I had said you earlier that I would check to see if I could find some way into your router from the outside, but I have been busy with other matters (fried motherboard and new one has compatibility issues with both GNU/Linux AND Windows). I will do that shortly.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: restore your router's factory default settings!

Postby jeffbert » 5 years ago

No problem. Thanks for your help!

Return to “General Discussion”