Your Favorite Tezuka Character

Off topic discussion.
Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 20 years ago

I can't believe I'm the first one to say this... my favorite Tezuka character would have to be the great Roc Holmes. I spell it with a "c" at the end to distinguish him from my favorite video game character, Rock (Also known as Rockman or Megaman, who was inspired by Tezuka's Astro Boy. Strangely enough, in Metropolis, Roc looked like he was designed to look like Rockman's older brother, Blues. Odd, but still cool. Kindly close the brackets.) (Thank you.)

He had his own detective manga, and appeared as himself in the Astroboy episode "The Time Machine", along with other Tezuka favorites of mine such as Black Jack, Princess Knight, and (at the end of the episode) Tezuka himself. ^^

In Metropolis (Which I'm sure we ALL have seen, and if you haven't, go rent it and watch it RIGHT NOW.), Roc's character was changed drastically so he could fit the badass role of the Marduk leader and "son" of Duke Red. Though he was changed and torn from his normal role of protagonist, Roc was still my favorite character in the whole movie.

One of these days, I need to grab one of the Roc Holmes manga. >,> Or see if there was an anime. Hee. ^^

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Marisa@Jan 15 2004, 07:07 AM
...my favorite Tezuka character would have to be the great Roc Holmes. ...

He's my second favorite character because he does look like Blues. ^_^ The sad thing about him is that he usually plays the "bad" guy. Very strong willed. ;^^

He made an appearance in the Astro Boy manga too. I almost didn't recognized him. ;^^ He's in book 1, comic "The Plant People" (I think).

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

ImageImage

I agree that Rock, or Lock as the (bablefish) synopsis page (35th ep.) calls him, is a versatile actor. My most vivid memory of him is from his role in the film Metropolis, although I am about to read Nextworld 2, in which he is a good guy, and a kid at that. I would have posted his Metropolis pic, but it is a flash player pic. :( :cry:

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 20 years ago

Forgot to mention -- My second favorite characters are tied between Astroboy and the ubercool Black Jack. ^____^

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby otaku » 20 years ago

yeah i forgot rock he whas cool
oh my god he gonne apear in new astroboy sweet
does he get the same voiche like meropoils

ham egg is his name? <_< or hunter wath ever his name is
yeah he is so funny on my pocket he always make me :lol:

suskaban is also the best

and i like safhire in princes knight and that litle guy that folows her

and dont forget kimba
ImageImage

AstroJames2004
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJames2004 » 20 years ago

Like a previous poster, who likes Astro Boy, I also like Kimba the White Lion (Emperor Leo). ;)

Return to “General Discussion”