TV shows

Off topic discussion.
Speedy
Kokoro Robot

Postby Speedy » 20 years ago

My user name "Speedy" is from the lead character in Samurai Pizza Cats.. Speedy Cerviche. Check out my webpage ( http://www.freewebs.com/burkeworld ) for all my fanfiction, pictures and links to download episodes of SPC. Speedy Polly and Guido, the three best anime cats out there =^.^= Meow!

Image SPEEDY
Image GUIDO
and my Fave Cat ever: POLLY! Image

Any questions??

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Haha, one of my favorite shows of all time. Have you seen that episode that wasn't dubbed, where one of the characters keeps yelling Teyandee! every 3 minutes, and all the music sounds like it's from the nintendo game Megaman?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Samurai Pizza Cats was so funny! I'd love to watch that again.

"Come over here and stand on this ... uh ... lawn painting."
(there's a big bullseye on the ground)
"Who ever heard of a lawn painting?"
:lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

:angry: This sucks! :angry: I am totally left out of the fun because I was born in '58 instead of 78! :cry:

I had been an avid fan of the Cartoon Network's Chuck Jones show, Toonheads, Late Night Black & White, Tom & Jerry, and several others until I saw all the cartoons more than once. I noted that the quality of most cartoons that started in movie theatres dropped when those same cartoons were made especailly for Saturday morning kids' shows. Loony Toons, and T & J especailly suffered. Kids will watch just about anything as long as there are bright colors and some action, but most adults have higher standards. Not that there were not occasional new cartoons that I found funny. Road Runner usually had me laughing, but newer Foghorn Leghorn, Tom and Jerry, Porky Pig, usually left me bored and disgusted. I tried to watch a few Top Cat cartoons, but found them just plain stupid. I do not know why I no longer find these funny, I know I liked them as a kid. ;)

Speedy
Kokoro Robot

Postby Speedy » 20 years ago

Yattaro (Speedy) always yelled "TEYANDEE!" for whenever he was mad, happy or annoyed ^_^ Ahh, good times.

Speedy

Any questions??

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Jan 31 2004, 01:18 PM
Road Runner usually had me laughing, but newer Foghorn Leghorn, Tom and Jerry, Porky Pig, usually left me bored and disgusted.

Yeah, same here. I rarely watch cartoons now that aren't anime.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 20 years ago

The shows I watched were Battlestar Galactica, Star Blazers, Emergancy, and old Abbott & Costello movies.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

The shows I watched were Battlestar Galactica, Star Blazers, Emergancy, and old Abbott & Costello movies.

I remember those, in fact, I even remember a cartoon version of Emergency. :lol: I thought the Battlestar Galactica had potential, the Cylons were so cool, but it was just too dumb. Even my 12 year old brother though so.

I really like old movies, and Tutner Classic Movies is one of my favorite channels, so was American Movie Classics, until it began commercial interuptions of the films. :angry: I do not even bother with it now.

Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 20 years ago

My user name "Speedy" is from the lead character in Samurai Pizza Cats.. Speedy Cerviche. Check out my webpage ( http://www.freewebs.com/burkeworld ) for all my fanfiction, pictures and links to download episodes of SPC. Speedy Polly and Guido, the three best anime cats out there =^.^= Meow!

:lol:
Ahh Speedy...you've brought back a memory that has been long forgotten in my mind! now all i keep thinking of is the SPC theme song, esp. when the catty vocalists sing "samurai pizza cats (ooh yeah! ;) "

snorkyller
Metro City Citizen

Postby snorkyller » 20 years ago

When I was 7 years old, I was really fascinated by Astro!

When I was young ('83-'90):
- Astro
- Smurf
- Albator
- Goldorak
- The Gold Cities (I don't know the real name in englisj... In french it's "Les citées d'or")

The 3 last were japanese cartoons but I don't know if anyone in USA or elsewhere saw it. Every kids watched it here in Quebec, Canada!!!

Of course "The Simpsons"
And I remember "Ronin Wariors" in summer of '96 (I think). It was really great. I would like to see it again!

Return to “General Discussion”