TV shows

Off topic discussion.
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

The Gold Cities was called Mysterious Cities of Gold in Australia. It was only shown a few times and didn't have a big following, but it's pretty good quality even by today's standards.

I haven't heard of Albator or Goldorak, but did you ever see Le Croc Note Show? We had that in Australia and I don't think it was even translated.

snorkyller
Metro City Citizen

Postby snorkyller » 20 years ago

Yeah DrFrag! We had "Le Croc Note" show. I didn't like it : pretty boring :)
I think it's from France.. So it's not surprising that we had it...

I can't believe anyone know Goldorak and Albator!!! :)

ALBATOR ("Captain Harlock" in english) The pirate of space!!!: REALLY GREAT!!!!!

GOLDORAK ("Grandizer" in japanese)

And I wonder if anyone know this one... A little boy lost, without his family. He's always crying... :lol:

All from japan...

(Ronin Warriors = Samuraï Troopers)

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

just want to know does anyone remeber. "Techno Man". my bf used to love it was he was younger.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Captain Harlock

I enjoy all I can find about Captain Harlock, Q Emeraldas, etc, but have not been able to find anything that puts them all together. I want to know all the titles that are related to this, and the order in which I should view them. :o

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I missed Techno Man and it hasn't been shown here in 8-10 years, but I still hear it talked about. It must have been pretty popular.

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

Actually, Mysterious Cities of Gold got a complete uninterrupted run here in Aus at least once on Aunty (thats our ABC commercial free station bayed for by our taxes, in case anyone overseas is interested) and I watched every episode. It was a japan/france co-production I believe.

It is freely available for download now and easy to find on the web for those of you with ADSL. Something to do with the company that created it no longer existing and no one buying the rights to the show.. or some legal thing like that. Just stick it into GOOGLE and you will find it all over the place.

Another Japanese/french co-production that I was absolutely spellbound by around 15 years ago and have never seen again since was called BELLE AND SEBASTIAN. It was about a boy who befriended a huge white dog that lived in the wood near his village. The villages thought the dog was a monster or something and so the boy had to meet with her in secret.

Apparently a Musical Band from England named themselves after this cartoon they loved it so much, and they are very popular in europe so I am lead to believe. GOOGLE gets more hits for the band than the show tho. I would love to be able to see goth these series again.

*sigh* if only ADSL was available to me.. :(
three and a half years.. for what?

snorkyller
Metro City Citizen

Postby snorkyller » 20 years ago

The Mysterious Cities of Gold ("Les mystérieuses citées d'or" here)
The Mysterious Cities of Gold ran almost every year during 10 years here in french Canada. It was by far one of the most listened series!

Belle and Sebastian ("Belle et Sébastien" here)
:wahah: You bring me good memories. I forgot this one! We watched it pretty much here in the '80!!!! I remember that the dog was call "the white demon" ; at least in french (exact translation) ;) :huh:

It seems that in Australia, it was REALLY similar to here.... at least for our french public tv station (radio-canada), 'cause english canadians didn't watched that... I think they watched more US stuff... Just too bad for them!!! :P :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Mysterious Cities of Gold was shown at least twice in Australia, the second time was around '86/'87.

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

I loved both those shows when they were on here...cities of gold was on about 5.00pm i think & Belle & sebastian was mornings. I remember when belle was drugged & sebastian thought she was dead :cry: :cry: :cry: It was soo sad...but I forgot about those...they were gr8

Return to “General Discussion”