Anime Clubs

Off topic discussion.
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Well i guess i haven't really introduced myself on the board properly ^^ Anyway I'm Amanda (Haruka-chan) and i belong to SUAnime, that is Sydney University Anime society. Being a new club executive in the position of publicity, and seeing a large number of aussies on the board, i thought i would er.......publicise the club a bit ^^; And i'm also curious what/ if any anime clubs everyone here might belong to. Do you guys enjoy other anime besides Atom?

As for me i belong to SUAnime, obviously ^^;, which is a really great club in terms of not only anime screenings but social events too. We have close ties with the other Uni anime clubs in Syndey (eg AUNSW, JAUWS, AnimeMQ) and members from those clubs regualry attend our events and vice versa, but we don't just have Uni students turn up to events ^_^ there are actually active members from more than just the younger age group. We hold heaps of events like....karaoke, picnics, movie outings, eatouts and not to mention screenings ^^

One of my favourite events from this year would have to have been our Atom Birthday Bash! During lunch on his birthday we showed the first two episodes of the 80s series, and then again that night to a large crowd we showed them again plus many "retro anime" like Transformers, Mysterious Cities of Gold.....even Monkey Magic :lol: There were heaps of prizes too for answering simple questions or singing the opening theme. Then we all had a birthday cake with a picture of Atom on it!

Hehehe so yeah, any experience with anime clubs you'd like to share? Also drop by the SUAnime website: http://www.suanime.org There is a message board and heaps of info about the club ^^ and hey if a bunch of you live in/near Sydney and want an Atom marathon then leave a message on the board ^_^ and i'll make sure to bring it to my other half's attention :lol: Ah i guess i can plug one more thing here..... joining the club cost only $5 for a year and your membership card gets you a 10% discount at Cartoon Gallery, Phantom Zone and Modellers World ^_^ plus of course discounts at SUAnime screenings ^^;
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I rent tons of anime, and am especially fond of Tenchi, The Slayers, Project A-ko, and just about any others in the comedy genre. I am partial to Japanese audio and English subtitles. I just finished Wild ARMS, and expect Excel discs 1-6 to arrive shortly. :D

But I also like b-movies and 40s serials! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”