Tezuka Osamu @ book

Off topic discussion.
EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 20 years ago

I was looking around the Tezuka site and I stumbled upon http://book.tezuka.jp/50_frame.html When I clicked on a cover It opened a pop-up and in the pop-up there is japanese writing. I can see a two orange buttons. When I click the first one I think it tells me that I need win98/ME/XP..since I have 95. Can someone try this out? If you get to download can you tell me?

Thanx.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I have seen this site, and believe it allows the paying user to read manga online.

selects the above manga book's web page

This link on that page http://www.10daysbook.com/db/tezuka_book.a...sp?sku=60001175 seems to suggest that one can download a copy of this manga and use it for 10 days.

Here is the link to the terms of sale page. It does have Japanese text, but English headings. :D

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 20 years ago

Thanks for the info. There seems to be Tezuka Manga on Yahoo Comics Japan and you have to pay.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I tried under Window 95 (I think) a while ago and it wouldn't install. It looked like it was trying to create a folder using Japanese characters, but the error message was in Japanese. At least, a mix of weird characters that Windows was unable to interpret properly. And I had the Japanese character set installed.

I never got around to trying it on a newer operating system, but my guess is that it would work. Later versions seem to handle foreign languages better.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I wonder if using manga in conjunction with book is redundant? :o

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Maybe, but I wouldn't say comic book is a tautology.

Return to “General Discussion”