usernames?

Off topic discussion.
ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

ive notice that using the net everyone has perfered user names, most are pretty interesting.
i was just wondering for the people on this forum, how u got ur user name and if there are any stories behind them???

mine for example is just reverse alphabet of my real name, like a=z, b=y, c=x - so on and so on.
see if u get my name :P

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

see if u get my name

Hi Laura!!! ;) :P B)
My nickname is easy, My first name is Louise & I collect dolls & BEARS!! Plus it was the first decent nickname i came up with for Messenger :P :P :wahah:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

I came up with mine around 1997 when I used to talk on ICQ alot. During the summer my friends and I were changing our nicknames daily (can't really remember why). One night I'd stayed up for 4 days straight(insomnia) and came up with that one at random while I was hallucinating a little from lack of sleep. I decided to stick with it because while changing nicknames I was having great difficulty finding one that was unique (all the good ones were already taken).
Not a particularly good story I'll admit, so here's some stuff I found out about the nickname when I looked it up on soime search engines:
It's the english translation of the word for a Buddhist fasting ritual. It's also very close the the name of an anime character "Anpan Man".
Anpan is a japanese snack - "an" is sweet bean paste, and "pan" is the Japanese word for bread.
Anpan Man's head is made of bread filled with sweet bean paste. He goes around rescuing animals and feeding them his delicious head while flying them to safety... :wacko:
Oh, and I hear there's more episodes of Anpan Man than any other animated show ever made.

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby otaku » 20 years ago

im a a anime manga fan fom astroboy to zero
i whas insteste in anime when i whas 5 and now im 13

i am now a manga freak and otaku=anime manga fan
it whas a nehatieve world in japan in the 80 st
because ther whas a mudrer that kild a little giglh
and he whas olso a otaku and manga other otaku were mad because ther blamed tham bu now 20 years latheris yust otaku yust means fan boy
ImageImage

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I came up with mine in late 1999 at a private LAN game where we were trying out the Quake 3 beta. It was one of the first multiplayer games I played where you had to actually choose a name, so I chose DrFrag (a frag is when you kill someone in the game).
The reason there is no space is in early multiplayer games they didn't allow spaces in user names.

I have since heard of a Dr Frag in New Zealand, and another one in Italy who makes maps for Unreal Tournament. I think there's also a Dr Frag in USA and another in Germany, but I'm not sure. And I don't know who was first. :) Somone has taken drfrag@hotmail.com, but I got myself doctorfrag@hotmail.com, which isn't too bad. And the first four Google matches on my name are me. :D

Before DrFrag I used Guido Anchovey (sic) who was a character in Samurai Pizza Cats. I mostly used that in the BBS door game Legend of the Red Dragon. Before that, in the early days of PC demo coding, I was Snarl of Legion. Probably named after the Dinobot from Transformers.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

I just thought Dragonrider sounded cool.

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

:unsure:
I am Danny because its my name.
three and a half years.. for what?

Speedy
Kokoro Robot

Postby Speedy » 20 years ago

Guido Anchovy, the suave blue cat ^_^

Speedy is the lead cat and I consider myself a fast guy most of the time, plus I'm a die hard SPC fan, so why not name myslef after y fave character.

Speedy Cerviche

Any questions??

Burrita
Kokoro Robot

Postby Burrita » 20 years ago

I used to use the nickname: x_p0se for years, just recently i changed it to Burrita.

Burrita means female donkey in spanish, and also stubborn which i am.. and being latin...
i thought it suit me..

but i use this avatar everywhere... to let people know that i'm obessed with astroboy.. yeah!
Australian based forum :) - [url=\'http://www.skeed.com\']www.skeed.com[/url]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

It's also very close the the name of an anime character "Anpan Man".

I read about this character in Manga Jin's Learn Japanese through comics! :D

I had worked in the electronics field for a few years, during which time, Scott Adams created the Dilbert character & comic. I really hate making up stuff, because I fear it will suck and people will laugh at me. So, as among the supporting characters were catbert, ratbert, & dogbert, I figured jeffbert would not merit too much criticism. :D

When I was a kid, we had really a tough time naming our GI Joes. This was way before they had names or personalities. Since then, I took several hours trying to come up with a email name that would not stink!

:P

I came up with mine in late 1999 at a private LAN game where we were trying out the Quake 3 beta. It was one of the first multiplayer games I played where you had to actually choose a name, so I chose DrFrag (a frag is when you kill someone in the game).

I started my love of PCs with Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and several other 3D immersion maze games. Since then, they have become much more complex, and the idea of playing with only one hand, as I do, was too frustrating.

I remember a Wolfenstein game editor that I downloaded. It was fun! I could build my own mazes, put the bad guys anywhere I wanted, in any number. But the Bosses were weird. Unlike all the others, they would not move at all, unless you put them behind doors, and opened them! :P :P You could take the chain gun and spay them until they died (took about 100 rounds), and they would just stand there, unless you opened the door! I tink I killed them with the knife at least once, it took about 500 stabs, though. I had no interest finding out how many punches it would take!

Itried to use a similar Door game editor, but could not create games from scratch, the best I could do was edit existing mazes, usually puting the Cyber Demon in more than one place. :wahah: :wahah:

Return to “General Discussion”